Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Chemistry > Manufactured brews

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th November 2017, 11:40 AM
Friend

Default Which chemicals go "off" quickly when stored.

I think Ian Grant has mentioned this in previous posts. Which chemicals are prone to deteriorate when stored in plastic bottles? I have read pyrogallol should be kept in a glass bottle is this correct? What about Phenidone and Ascorbic acid etc.? I have posted a tip in the "Tips" section of FADU about storing part C of the developer from the Fuji Hunt C41 kit. Part C turns to a black tar like substance if it is left in its plastic bottle once opened.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies