Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour printing techniques

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th June 2013, 01:08 PM
Friend

Default Any colour paper in small batches?

Hi

I'm dipping my toe in RA4, i don't have a problem investing in the chemicals - (as far as i understand they have a long shelf life un-mixed). But in terms of paper i can only find fuji crystal archive in cut sheet sizes, and even then normally only in lots of 100. Does anyone know if it's possible to get smaller batches of paper from anywhere? Or a greater range?

Cheers
Old 27th June 2013, 01:12 PM
Friend

I realise that might look a bit illogical: the paper will probably also have a long shelf life like the unmixed chemicals - so why is the argument different. But it just seems like quite a hit buying it all together in different paper sizes.
Old 27th June 2013, 01:22 PM
Friend

Fuji is about the only one left supplying cut sheets. You sometimes see Kodak paper popping up either as old stock or cut & boxed by a third party.

On that note: If you want some Kodak Edge (cut from an 8" roll), give me a shout and I'll chop some up for you.
Old 27th June 2013, 01:28 PM
Friend

Raj I haven't seen any RA4 paper in boxes of less than 100 for a long time and as has been said only Fuji supply cut sheets now and the small sizes of 5x7 and 6x4( if it ever went down as far as that) now seem to have gone also. 8x10 looks to be the smallest cut sheet size now

Sounds as if PaulC's very kind offer represents your best option

Mike
Old 27th June 2013, 06:30 PM
Friend

Thanks guys, Paul I will PM you
Old 26th September 2015, 12:53 PM
Friend

Default Paper sizes

FUJI still market 10x12glossy or lustre in boxes of 50. It is surprising how quickly you can get through a box if you are just starting out and making a lot of test strips to get the correct colour balance.

Tags
paper, ra4
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies