Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th August 2020, 07:53 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
Respect
Haha :-) I fitted Focomat IIc into back seat in Mercedes C180 - two times!
Old 30th August 2020, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraz View Post
Yes I'll be sacrificing the ability to print at the larger sizes, but I rarely print above 12x16 anyway so this should be fine. The depth of my bench might be an issue, lets see...once my darkroom is built (I'm building it in my spare time) I'll be keener to get the enlarger in
I used kitchen units for my dry bench and made extra depth by putting them about foot (300mm) away from the wall and putting a batten along the wall to support the back of the deeper worktop. Once it is all screwed together it is solid.

Have fun!
Old 1st September 2020, 03:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I used kitchen units for my dry bench and made extra depth by putting them about foot (300mm) away from the wall and putting a batten along the wall to support the back of the deeper worktop. Once it is all screwed together it is solid.

Have fun!
i have tools and timber at my disposal, just not much space to play with! I assume the orientation of the De vere 504 baseboard can't be changed?
Old 1st September 2020, 03:50 PM
Friend

Quote:
i have tools and timber at my disposal, just not much space to play with! I assume the orientation of the De vere 504 baseboard can't be changed?
No

Very fixed to the based-board.

I love my DeVere - it is built like a tractor - very heavy duty everything

Martin
Old 1st September 2020, 04:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
No

Very fixed to the based-board.

I love my DeVere - it is built like a tractor - very heavy duty everything

Martin
Sounds like it'd be easily to modify the roof trusses, when I get one into the attic I'll see what the options are, but the 504 is non-negotiable! it's going in there somewhere
Old 6th September 2020, 05:12 AM
Friend

A 504 just popped up on Ebay

Looks to be in good condition. Any one able to advise on the particular model vs a Mark 4 Dichromat? Theres a big price difference, but I'll only buy it once and am willing to pay more if its worth it.
Old 6th September 2020, 02:11 PM
Friend

£795.00 for an enlarger , i went all dizzy and , had to get the wife to rub me down with the sporting life .devere are something else when it comes to heavy duty over engineering , i have a cathomag and a varicon ,i bought when they were cheap as chips . I did see a Rolleimat Universal enlarger complete for sale on fleabay ,buy it now for £200 quid .
Old 6th September 2020, 03:36 PM
Friend

It is nice to get your enlarger "cheap as chips" But it is OK to realize that they are of value and if you want to spend a lifetime in the darkroom this looks like a good choice from 4x5 to 35mm. It looks in great shape, the negative holder is nice and there is a lens board. Bid down 15%. You may sometimes feel you overpaid but you will be up and running forever and using this will be a happy experience.
Old 6th September 2020, 04:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
A 504 just popped up on Ebay

Looks to be in good condition. Any one able to advise on the particular model vs a Mark 4 Dichromat? Theres a big price difference, but I'll only buy it once and am willing to pay more if its worth it.
How does £100 sound That's a BIN price on Ebay, with a lens and working it's missing a baseboard but that's nothing to worry about.

Ian
Old 7th September 2020, 08:21 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcowan View Post
It is nice to get your enlarger "cheap as chips" But it is OK to realize that they are of value and if you want to spend a lifetime in the darkroom this looks like a good choice from 4x5 to 35mm. It looks in great shape, the negative holder is nice and there is a lens board. Bid down 15%. You may sometimes feel you overpaid but you will be up and running forever and using this will be a happy experience.
Price is not the primary thing for me right now. I'm not trying to find the cheapest option. An enlarger that's cheap as chips but costs me hours to get up and running is an expensive option.

Also worth realising that analog gear has increased in price significantly over the past few years. The Leica M cameras I bought 2 years ago are now selling for double what I paid. In fact I just sold one more than double.

Having said that the listing is expensive, one sold for £675 2 months ago with 3 lens. And another (gutted I didnt see it) for £900 with an absolute stash of gear (£200+ of film, an Analyser Pro etc).
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies