Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st February 2015, 08:32 PM
Friend

Ashfaque, I just had a look at your flickr shots. I particularly like the warmth of "Lone Stooge. Next to it, is I think the same shot called "Skeletal" which is much more a neutral/cold tone. Are they different in the print or is it just the scanner? If they are different then what did you do to get the warm tone in "Lone Stooge"?

Thanks

Mike
Old 1st February 2015, 09:13 PM
Friend

Martyn: Thank you. I definitely will be doing it soon.

Hello Rob and Mike: I'm equally flattered and encouraged that you visited my flickr page. Thanks a lot.

@Rob: none of them is printed. Unfortunately I don't have the facility yet. I simply tweaked them on Lightroom. But I'm hopeful that I can start wet printing later this year.

The main obstacles are space, time availability at the moment, and quite possibly, the weight of the enlarger (as I'll have to get it from abroad). I haven't seen anyone using or selling a used enlarger, let alone selling a new one. But I haven't used my digi cam for any of photographs* for at least 3-4 months.

I have decided not to use my digital camera for at least a year. That way I will force myself through learning by experience, mistakes and seeking advices from forums like this and books.
* Except when I post photos of analogue stuffs and take photos of various anniversaries of family members. Still not confident with my ability to rely on films. But I'm getting there.

Re. the 'Lone stooge' title: I have very little regards for most politicians and egocentric academics. IIRC, I picked that title for the individual who came with idea of a plaque of that size near a pond! As for the 'skeletal', it is simply because the tree didn't have any leaf.

I hope I didn't bore you guys with my long post.

Bests,

Ashfaque

PS @ Mike: If you want, I'll post the process of 'lone stooge' here. Let me know. Didn't read your query first properly.

Last edited by ashfaque; 1st February 2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 1st February 2015, 10:31 PM
Friend

Ashfaque I think you answered my question in that the flickr shots are, I think from what you have said, digital shots so my question of why one is warmer than the other is irrelevant. It was imply a question of tweaking one is a different way from the other and it was that that produced a warm tone in Lone Stooge compared to a neutral tone in Skeletal

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies