Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th August 2013, 12:23 AM
Friend

Default An informal evening meet up in Cambridge:

I am now very pleased to say that the situation has changed and it is now possible to get an evening meeting organised if there is interest. Persistence pays off in the end!

I dived into a pub to avoid a shower this afternoon and ended up chatting to the Landlord and again mentioned the possibility of a group of us meeting up for an evening in the pub to talk about photography and pass photos round.

This time, I met with a positive response and a reserved table was offered on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night. Thursday was a bit dodgy as it could be a busy night, or very quiet. I was asked how many would go and my reply was probably about half a dozen.

The pub it self is quite small and is a friendly place with a good reputation for local real ale: Milton Brewery Co with four or five of their ales and a couple of guest ales. Former Camra pub of the year. The pub is under a quarter mile from Cambridge railway station and station car park. A perfect venue for us.

As I am retired, I am going to sit back for a week and see what comments this thread attracts and let you choose a night. If there are four or five people who express and interest and make a commitment to come, I will arrange this. My suggestion would be for the middle/end of September 2013. I have now done my bit and it is down to you to make it happen.
Old 26th January 2014, 05:16 PM
Friend

And no-one replied? Sheesh! I'd be interested in meeting up in Cambridge
Old 26th January 2014, 08:45 PM
Friend

Missed this post... sorry Alan. Summer holidays it must have been. I'd be happy to meet up for a beer too but lunch or the weekend would be better as my time is not my own until quite late during the week.
Old 26th January 2014, 08:55 PM
Friend

I missed this too. I'd be interested in meeting in Cambridge - obviously depending on work, family etc.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies