Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2013, 11:13 PM
Friend

I suppose the name Film and Darkroom User says it all: this is, after all, a film/darkroom oriented site.

As I said previously in this thread, I think what (some) people want is a site that includes digital, but with all the attractions of FADU.

However, I also feel that it's the film and darkroom users that give this site it's character. I don't know why this is, but perhaps it's the "analogue counter culture" as has been discussed here before.

Whatever it is, digital sites just don't have this, which is why, even though I use both film and digital, FADU is the only photography site I go on.

Ironically, given some of the previous comments regarding film and digital, I'm working on a project that, if it comes off, will ultimately be shot on a large format camera.

However, I'm doing the tests on digital as, given the number of test exposures I'm having to do for technical reasons (64 alone today) I'd soon be having to re-mortgage the house if I did these on sheet film.
Old 17th August 2013, 11:17 PM
Administrator

OK. I think all the relevant points have been made now so I'm closing the thread before it goes off on a tangent we have seen before...

But, before I close, it seems that I need to make the point again: as a forum we are not anti-digital in any form, we are simply *for* traditional analogue processes. You don't expect people on a cat-lovers website to discuss dogs or gerbils. It's as simple and as uncomplicated as that.

Cheers folks, Bob.

Last edited by Bob; 17th August 2013 at 11:33 PM.
Closed Thread
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies