Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th September 2020, 02:38 PM
Friend

Default Tetenal announce E6 and C41 developer in tablet form

For those low volume E6 or C41 users and that's includes me you might be interested in this new announcement on the Tetenal site.

Mike
Old 4th September 2020, 03:02 PM
Friend

Might get me interested in developing some colour. Had a try with a digibase (i think) kit the other year and have been considering it again using some of the powder developers.

David

Last edited by Quendil; 4th September 2020 at 03:03 PM. Reason: error
Old 4th September 2020, 03:55 PM
Friend

This is all I can find on the main Tetenal site in Germany - it's at the bottom of the page. The product is only an idea at the moment as far as I can see, or did you find something more concrete, Mike?

https://tetenal.com/en/

This article is from May 2019.

https://emulsive.org/articles/news/a...film-community
Old 4th September 2020, 06:00 PM
Friend

Quite right Nick. I had seen this on Photrio and while it seemed to be more than just an aspiration on Tetenal's part, I admit I was not sure it if had started production or had at least said it was its intention

Given that it did have what it called "pearls" i.e. tablets in the past I has assumed that the intention and know-how are there. I think this is its intention to do this but I really should have checked what the announcement actually said and it is a bit sparse, I admit

So, no, you cannot order such tablets right now and thanks for removing the confusion I may have sown

Mike
Old 18th September 2020, 06:43 AM
Friend

More news here

https://www.dpreview.com/news/478648...4010_132618830

Seems to confirm that development almost complete of E6 and C41 tablets.
Old 18th September 2020, 10:31 AM
Friend

Thanks Dave. I do hope that this does really mean Tetenal are on the point of their introduction and this isn't the PR section doing its "let's string them along a bit more to buy more time" ploy

Incidentally and yes this has only incidental connection with the tablets whose prices have not been revealed is that Tetenal has opened its own shop from which you can order

A person called Henning Serger on Photrio tends to be the constant "good news" person there with more inside knowledge than most and he linked to the shop whose existence I was unaware of

The problem is that all the b&w chemicals in the shop have eye-wateringly high prices. I spotted 5L of Eukobrom for over £60! The same kind of MG Ilford developer in Ilford's shop sells for just over £26 and Matt at AG sells the same Eukobrom 5L for about £36

Tetenal can do what it wants to do but if it wants to rise from the ashes of its collapse then why these eye-watering prices in the shop when clearly the dealers can sell it at vastly lower prices?

It is somewhat strange to say the least

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies