Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th November 2010, 12:30 PM
Friend

Default Mr Cad sale!

I thought other FADU members might be interested to learn that Mr Cad of Croydon are having a half-price sale of second-hand photography and darkroom kit. From what I can gather the owner is retiring and clearing stock. There is a two page ad in the current edition of Black and White Magazine listing some of what's for sale. Things seem to be going fast, but there may be a chance for a bargain.

For large formateers, I gather they've acquired the last of the Fidelity 5x7 and 8x10 production of film holders, so it could be a good chance to acquire some brand new holders.

Sale ends 18th November. Happy Shopping!

(For info, I am in no way associated with the business - I've just managed to bag some useful kit at a reasonable price).

http://www.mrcad.co.uk/shop/home.php
Old 12th November 2010, 04:56 PM
Friend

He seems to have 50% off sales now and again, there's been a few in the last year or so. Slightly offset by the nornally quite high prices though!
Old 12th November 2010, 05:50 PM
Friend

Yes, I've taken advantage of those sales before and had some really good buys. But... can't see anything to tempt me this time...
Old 12th November 2010, 07:50 PM
Friend

Hmm Looked at the site but couldn't see any mention of sale prices or closing down. Prices looked at best OK and at worst "pricey"

You'd think that 50% 0ff would be mentioned. Did I miss something?

I note that a similar big sale of Mr Cad's a few years ago seemed to be billed the same way on another forum with some familiar names of correspondents, saying that "big sales" every so often were a characteristic of Mr Cad

At that stage it seemed that the reduction applied to pick-up only so only London customers really benefitted.

Mike
Old 12th November 2010, 08:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Hmm Looked at the site but couldn't see any mention of sale prices or closing down. Prices looked at best OK and at worst "pricey"

I note that a similar big sale of Mr Cad's a few years ago seemed to be billed the same way on another forum with some familiar names of correspondents, saying that "big sales" every so often were a characteristic of Mr Cad

At that stage it seemed that the reduction applied to pick-up only so only London customers really benefitted.

Mike
Bottom of the linked page:

FROM TODAY UNTIL TO NOVEMBER 18TH
50% OFF ALL USED
From Lenses to Bodies, Processors to Enlargers, Cine to Motordrives
Please call us - when ordering online the discount will be taken when the order is processed

Old 12th November 2010, 08:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post

Mike, the text is there if you scroll down the front page.

I'd agree with some of the previous comments that their 'normal' prices seem a bit steep - that's certainly put me off buying before. However, with 50% off I got some useful Sinar bits at a reasonable price.
Old 12th November 2010, 08:37 PM
Friend

Mr Cad seem to do this sort of sale around this time every year, Personally I find their prices expensive, The only time I bought anything from them when it arrived they had not taken the VAT off,we are VAT free and everyone else I deal with takes it off, and when I contacted them about it they simply refused, so I have not dealt with them since,and I should say it was not used equipment but some chemistry and paper, and when I ordered the stuff They promised to take the vat off ,Richard
Old 14th November 2010, 06:36 PM
Friend

Thanks for flagging this up - I've managed to get a Ricoh GR1 fit skylight filter. Not particularly cheap but rarer than hen's teeth!

Rob
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd