Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Chemistry > Manufactured brews

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th October 2017, 11:40 AM
Friend

BTW, if you want to try the teaspoon method, this is the type of spoon I use:
http://cuisinart.conairspares4u.co.u...ing-spoon.html

I think it gives more consistent results than the shallow rounded kind. Any proper baker will tell you that the trick with these is to scoop then level off the top with a flat knife edge, and don't tap or tamp. As mentioned, you must calibrate against a good scale, otherwise your weights may not agree with mine and you will get funky results.
Old 11th October 2017, 01:47 PM
Friend

Funky results aren't always a bad thing. Ask any hipster.

www.theonlinedarkroom.com
Old 11th October 2017, 02:54 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Funky results aren't always a bad thing. Ask any hipster.
Except that, being of German descent, I am genetically predisposed against funky results . Makes my brain hurt . Consistency! Precision! Ach du Lieber!
Old 11th October 2017, 06:41 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvendN View Post
Except that, being of German descent, I am genetically predisposed against funky results . Makes my brain hurt . Consistency! Precision! Ach du Lieber!
When an American asks where your ancestors were from, you say with a serious voice and no flicker of a smile: "They were from Baden Baden" and then add in a heavy teutonic accent " So good, they named it twice, as you Americans say"

Mike
Old 11th October 2017, 09:17 PM
Friend

Good one Mike! Usually I tell them my mother came from Mönchen Gladbach and father from Garmisch Partenkirchen, and then ask them to repeat that and spell it. Once they've unknotted their tongue it's time for a good laugh.
Old 13th October 2017, 10:33 PM
Friend

Norm, if you're interested in seeing some examples of HP5 and Acros in Perceptol, shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send you a few scans. Happy to do that....

Best,
Svend
Old 14th October 2017, 07:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Good one Mike! Usually I tell them my mother came from Mönchen Gladbach and father from Garmisch Partenkirchen, and then ask them to repeat that and spell it. Once they've unknotted their tongue it's time for a good laugh.
My brother has taken to using the local rather than anglicised names and pronunciations of places, he had an hilarious rant the other week about the British renaming places all over the world prompted by my reference to a potential trip over to Munich. I think he found the little thing on wikipedia that plays the sound of someone pronouncing a place name correctly

Thread reminds me to order a box of Perceptol. I have the Adox Atomal and I guess I should compare them directly as Perceptol and Atomal should in theory produce almost identical results.
Old 14th October 2017, 09:00 PM
Friend

Enjoy your trip to MÜNCHEN! It is October now after all...I'm sure I don't need to remind you what happens in München in October...

Wonderful city...I have a cousin that lives near there.
Old 15th October 2017, 08:14 PM
Friend

Quote:
Norm, if you're interested in seeing some examples of HP5 and Acros in Perceptol, shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send you a few scans. Happy to do that....

Best,
Svend
I will decline your kind offer Svend. I think it will be more beneficial for me to analyse my own negatives and prints. Thank you, Norm.
Old 15th October 2017, 10:20 PM
Friend

Sounds good Norm -- makes sense. Always best to try it yourself. Any questions, let me know.... And feel free to PM me any time.

Good luck with this!
Svend
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies