Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th December 2010, 10:26 AM
Friend

Default Meopta Opemus 6

I recently acquired a Meopta Opemus 6 B+W enlarger in mint condition quite cheaply and have had a few satisfactory sesions with it.
I was tempted to purchase it as I'd been previously been given an Opemus 5 which unfortunately had been stored in a shed for several years and was badly corroded. The negative carrier though was Ok and fits so I have two, both with and without glass

No box or instructions but all is self-evident but for the printed table of figures on the head mounting adjacent to the winding knob. My first thought is that these are inverse square law/exposure compensation tables but I'm unable to figure them out and some initial internet searching has found nothing.

Can anybody here help?

Paul

Old 8th December 2010, 11:02 AM
Friend

I too use an opemus 6 enlarger, and very good they are too, well made and will last a lifetime with a little care, I got mine new a few years ago, and in the instructions that came there was no mention of the figres you refer too, but I believe they are supposed to help with the difference in head heights between the 50mm lens for 35mm and the 75 mm lens for MF, although I have never worked out myself how, but they work with the figures on the colum,If you need any spares such as inserts etc try RK Photographic, one of the forum sponcers, who are the importers of meopta,Richard
Old 8th December 2010, 12:39 PM
Friend

Default Opemus 6

I probably will contact RK as external swinging red filters can be accident prone.

Paul
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies