Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th November 2021, 07:39 PM
Friend

Default Ilford 15% off on film chemistry and paper until Midnight on Sun 28th Nov 2021

The Black Friday offer from Ilford. Effective from now till end date above

Mike
Old 25th November 2021, 10:40 PM
Friend

Default Dohhhhhh!

Now they tell me! I have just stocked up with all the B&W I need for present. Spend a shed load on 5lt MG print dev, stop bath, fixer & 2 boxes of MG5 to say nowt about 5 cassettes of XP2. I could have saved perhaps £20+.
Old 26th November 2021, 12:32 AM
Friend

John,it is easy for me to say now with hindsight but a pattern of these Ilford offers is emerging. On nearly every occasion of a forthcoming bank holiday Ilford offers its X% off and now its Black Friday as well

In other words where a public holiday or now a consumer spending frenzy is orchestrated there is an offer

So if any of us can possible wait until such dates as above arrive it may pay dividends

Mike
Old 26th November 2021, 08:27 AM
Friend

Since I posted the last I have also found that WEX (Warehouse Express) have very keen prices compared to my usual supplier. For example 36 exp FP4 is 35p cheaper than AG my usual supplier. But the biggest difference is with 5ltr Multigrade developer is close to £10 cheaper than AG at £19.99. I have not paid that for at least 10-15 years. The only thing I use regularly I cannot find on their website is Multigrade V paper. I was going to their shop in Newcastle today anyway to replace a Flatbed Scanner Epson V300 (At least £20 cheaper than elsewhere) so will be looking closer at what else they have.

Last edited by John King; 26th November 2021 at 08:33 AM.
Old 26th November 2021, 12:21 PM
Friend

Thanks John. A new one for me. Some good prices there. The chemistry line as you say is particularly competitive.

The one area where I have yet to find anyone to beat AgPhotographic is in the 10 pack HP5+ 120. Still only £4.70 a roll

Mike
Old 26th November 2021, 12:59 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
Now they tell me! I have just stocked up with all the B&W I need for present.
We've all done it John. Probably the same as most of us leaving a lens cap on or not loading a film correctly and not finding out right at the end. Dohhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
John,it is easy for me to say now with hindsight but a pattern of these Ilford offers is emerging.

Mike
I have noticed this too Mike and try to order when they do these deals, as long as the 15% off, plus the p/p makes it worthwhile to buy directly from Ilford. I have made good savings in the past, especially when I bought some MG filters, Art 300 and a 5L bottle of fix.

I've put a bundle of films in the basket at the moment, but am going to check around to see which deal is the best.

Terry S
Old 26th November 2021, 01:16 PM
Friend

Mathers of Lancashire are always very competitive on Ilford film prices - it is worth checking them out before you buy any more.

I have bought film, paper, ID11, MG Dev and Stop from Ilford in this years Black Friday sale.

Ilford do a 15% Black Friday sale each year and I try and stock up from them when it happens.

Martin
Old 26th November 2021, 01:25 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
Mathers of Lancashire are always very competitive on Ilford film prices - it is worth checking them out before you buy any more.

Martin
Thanks for that Martin. I've never heard of or used them, so yes, I will deffo check them out first.

Terry S
Old 26th November 2021, 01:28 PM
Friend

Quote:

Martin
Thanks for that Martin. I've never heard of or used them, so yes, I will deffo check them out first. And just searching for them, the link quotes them as saying, 'Discount camera film. Lowest UK prices on a full range of camera film.' We shall see!

Terry S
Old 26th November 2021, 03:19 PM
Friend

Quote:

I have bought film, paper, ID11, MG Dev and Stop from Ilford in this years Black Friday sale.

Ilford do a 15% Black Friday sale each year and I try and stock up from them when it happens.

Martin
Do you know, I keep forgetting about them. I used to buy regularly from Mathers, but they sort of slipped out of the mainstream. I will have to create a shortcut so I can check their prices before ordering.
I think the last materials I bought from them was when I bought a 30m bulk roll of Agfa Colour negative film so that will give you an ideA how long ago that was.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies