Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th May 2016, 03:35 PM
Friend

Default microphen

as I have been ill since Christmas I think my brain has gone west ,I bought some Ilford microphen I have used it before but now I cannot remember what to do ,when I have used some of it do I put it back with the fresh or keep it separate in another bottle .help please .

www.essexcockney.com
Old 17th May 2016, 04:04 PM
Friend

presume you mean mixed stuff and in use?

i just keep putting it back with the same mix until the quality goes, then mix some more
Old 17th May 2016, 04:23 PM
Friend

Hi, there.
If you're using stock strength put it back with the unused solution. According to Ilford you can reuse it for 10 films per liter.
If you dilute the stock solution you use it once and then throw it away.
Cheers, M.
Old 17th May 2016, 05:00 PM
Friend

thanks Andy I have used powdered developers on and of for years ,but for the love of me I could not remember what I did ,I have mixed up a 1 litre pack and put it in a bottle ,and it says every time I use it I must increase the dev time ,I will probably use it 1+0 to keep the developing times down .thanks Andy

www.essexcockney.com
Old 17th May 2016, 05:24 PM
Friend

I use microphen a lot, usually with HP5+ where it gives excellent results at EI 800. I usually use it as a single-shot solution at 1+1 then discard it. When I used it as stock I found the results a bit 'mushy'. Ilford used to recommend adding 10% to the developing time for each film used although I suspect consistency would suffer after 5 or 6 films. Having said that I don't think I ever used it stock for more than 5 films anyway.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Old 18th May 2016, 09:59 AM
Friend

thanks Marty and rob the other problem is I haven't had much opportunity or health to get out and shoot film since Christmas except my grandson's birthday ,so I have not shot much film in the last five months . in one way or the other its been a crappy start to the year .

www.essexcockney.com
Old 18th May 2016, 10:22 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
thanks Marty and rob the other problem is I haven't had much opportunity or health to get out and shoot film since Christmas except my grandson's birthday ,so I have not shot much film in the last five months . in one way or the other its been a crappy start to the year .

www.essexcockney.com

I'm sorry to hear this, Paul. I hope you start feeling better soon. At least the weather has improved a bit lately, making the idea of getting out and about a bit more attractive.
Best wishes,
Alex.
Old 18th May 2016, 03:27 PM
Friend

I'm sorry to hear about yor health problems, I hope your recovery is going as fast as possible.
My best wishes,
M.-
Old 18th May 2016, 08:59 PM
Friend

thanks for your kind words Alexmuir and Marty ..And with lots of pain killers lots of pain and not much sleep ,things have been a bit up and down this last couple of months but I am glad that this website and the good people are there to help out when needed .I have got myself a nice Mamiya AF kit and have hardly touched it ,I took a roll of film to test some of the kit out and all I had was my box of Microphen .I was glad of the results the test film came out OK and all what I bought was working great .so thanks to you all

www.essexcockney.com
Old 19th May 2016, 10:57 AM
Friend

Sorry to hear you've been poorly, Paul. I wish you a quick and full recovery.

Best regards,
Ashfaque
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd