Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > External Group Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th February 2010, 09:02 AM
Friend

Default Entries Invited for Cotswold Salon 2010

I have just picked this up from elsewhere which may be of interest.

Neil.

Entries Invited for Cotswold Salon 2010

If you haven't entered the national salon of monochrome photography before, or in the recent past, you can download entry forms from http://www.cotswold-monochrome.co.uk. You will be able to view some of the successful entries for previous salons on the website. Silver Prints, Digital Prints and projected images can be submitted. Closing date for entries: Friday 28th May 2010. The exhibition will be held at the Summerfield Gallery, Cheltenham from Saturday 10th to Saturday 17th July 2010 - open on all days from 10am to 4pm.

Neil Souch
Old 1st April 2010, 07:21 PM
Friend

Neil,

Thanks. This years exhibition is taking place at the Summerfield Gallery in Cheltenham. We are being supported by the HSBC Cheltenham Music Festival (http://cheltenhamfestivals.com/), whose guest director this year is Steven Isserlis. The show will be opened by the actress, Emma Samms (Fallon in Dynasty), who is also a portrait/stage photographer on Friday the 9th July; she will have a small selection of her mono prints on loan for the show.

In addition to the selected prints, there will be a panel of 16 images related to the Music Festival. Every day of the Festival (16 days), there will be one image taken that day by a member of Cotswold Monochrome of one of the star performers (eg Steven Isserlis, Alfred Brendel etc). These will be signed by the artists and auctioned at the end of the Festival in aid of charity.

Best wishes,

Charlie
www.charlie-chan.co.uk

PS I will declare that I am the Treasurer of Cotswold Monochrome, so excuse my conflict of interests
Old 18th June 2010, 03:34 PM
Friend

I have never entered one of these competitive exhibitions before, but I thought I would give it a go as it has a section for silver gelatin prints. I must admit that when I look at the images that do well in these exhibitions I often feel that my work would not fit in (I tend to produce 'quiet' images). That turned out to be the case as I did not get any acceptances. I will be having a go at the FADU exhibition though.
Old 18th June 2010, 04:41 PM
Friend

Les, at least you had a go and that's the main thing. If nothing else the experience of preparing your work for the Cotswold will do you no harm. Make sure you get your entry in for FADU 2010 during July!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 23rd June 2010, 09:31 PM
Friend

Les,

Don't worry. I didn't get any acceptances in my first year. There's often quite a few 'quiet' images in the exhibition every year. Keep on going though. Shame you're such a long way, as the exhibition should be really good this year. Really proper purpose built art gallery, musical interludes (from the HSBC Cheltenham Music Festival) and the town will be humming as tens of thousands of people come to the Music Festival.

Best wishes,
Old 13th February 2015, 06:49 AM
New User

I have never entered one of these focused displays some time recently, yet I thought I would provide for it a go as it has a segment for silver gelatin prints. I must concede that when I take a gander at the pictures that do well in these presentations I frequently feel that my work would not fit in (I have a tendency to deliver "calm" pictures). That ended up being the situation as I didn't get any acknowledgements. I will be having a go at the FADU presentation however.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies