Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Articles > Articles

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Comment

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Herma Transfer Adhesive
Dave Miller
Dave miller
25th October 2008
I was looking for a supply of roll adhesive with which to mount prints quickly. As a member of the Postal Photographic Club I need to securely mount small prints into the folders that we use to circulate our photographs. I could use my dry mounting press, but wanted something that was quicker for a...
By Stoo Batchelor on 22nd July 2011, 04:46 PM

Hi Dave

Its been nearly three years that you posted this, and I was just wondering if you had anything to add since you started using it. Such as, have you noticed any edges of the prints lifting etc.

Also, when the print is fixed in place, is the adhesive layer visible to the eye? or as invisible as mounting tissue?

Cheers

Stoo
By Dave miller on 22nd July 2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post
Hi Dave

Its been nearly three years that you posted this, and I was just wondering if you had anything to add since you started using it. Such as, have you noticed any edges of the prints lifting etc.

Also, when the print is fixed in place, is the adhesive layer visible to the eye? or as invisible as mounting tissue?

Cheers

Stoo
I still use it, but only for mounting my 5"x7" prints in my PPC folders for circulation. I've not noticed any problems either with lifting or visibility. In fact I've just checked some photos that I stuck down with this product when I first used it and they are fine.
By Stoo Batchelor on 22nd July 2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I still use it, but only for mounting my 5"x7" prints in my PPC folders for circulation. I've not noticed any problems either with lifting or visibility. In fact I've just checked some photos that I stuck down with this product when I first used it and they are fine.
Thanks Dave

Stoo
By Dave miller on 23rd July 2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post
Hi Dave

Cheers

Stoo
Thinking further on this, I believe that there are two versions of this adhesive one of which is a low-tack re-positionable the other not. I've used the firm stick one.
By ymgandy on 23rd July 2011, 01:18 PM

I have used this for about 4 years with no problems. It appears just as good as dry mounting so far, no lifting, bubbling or discolouring & much quicker. Not easy to re-position but peeling back just 1 edge, carefully placing it then slowly pulling the backing paper away from the stuck edge works fine. The only problem is I am told is it is now only available in a much larger width than it was sold in previously. I have not checked that out yet, anyone knows what's available?
Comment
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search