Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th January 2022, 09:29 PM
Friend

Smile LPL 7451 Enlarger

I'm getting into super-miniature (8x11mm) processing as well as large format (4x5 inch). This is all new to me and so it's been a bit of a learning curve.

For the 4x5 inch then I bought an LPL 7451 enlarger and for the 8x11mm I got a Minox II Type 25401. Both work beautifully (now I've given them a good CLA). I started a thread here on the Minox II, which manages to give me prints of up to 9 x 12 inches.

I wondered if it would be possible to get the LPL to handle these miniature Minox negs too. Negative carriers for the Minox 8x11 negs are hard to come by but I found one on eBay for the Simmon Omega enlarger that fits the LPL. Together with a KHB recessed 39mm lensboard for my Minolta E Rokkor 30/4.5 lens, the LPL managed to give me 9 x 12 inch prints too (thanks to the tall column).

Wow, a single enlarger that can handle 8x11mm up to 4x5 inch negs. It's more than I could have hoped for :-)

Last edited by egrabczewski; 19th January 2022 at 09:44 PM.
Old 22nd January 2022, 06:13 PM
Administrator

I you could find a double-glass negative carrier you could go even smaller (if such a negative size exists!)

But yes, very cool that you can use one enlarger for everything - saves a lot of space.

Tags
lpl 7451 minox ii
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies