Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Art and aesthetics

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th May 2018, 04:14 PM
Friend

Lately photography takes most of my time. My other hobbies are chess and music. I do play both, but only listen to music. :-)
Cheers, Frank
Old 14th May 2018, 05:55 PM
Friend

Default Hobbies

I am tempted to say what are they. But yes I do other things apart from use a camera. I have my 2 motorcycles and live in the best part of the land to ride without meeting many traffic jams. Of course there is the self maintenance to fill more time.

To say nowt about maintenance work that needs doing in the house.

I am also a tour guide in a North East mining and railway museum for perhaps 3 days a week.

Then occasionally I get the opportunity to get a good nights sleep!
Old 14th May 2018, 09:12 PM
Friend

Smile

I'm enjoying reading this thread. Woodworking and making drones are quite exciting. Somehow, I think, I'm drawn towards things that explain how things work, and how far can you manually do it. My wife thinks I'm weird that in this age of modernity I'm still pursuing analogue photography and natural perfumery.

Lately, I've been testing lots of oils neat on my skin - to write down the various nuanced smells and development of each oil on skin - a vital stage to train my nose. So I've been incessantly smelling my hands even in public places and get curious looks occasionally.
Old 15th May 2018, 06:02 AM
Friend

Visited this place https://burrenperfumery.com/ many years ago it has now become a viable business.

My hobbies other than photography are: hill walking, wild camping, cycling, motorcycling, classic cars/bikes (all things mechanical), bird watching, observing the natural world, geology, history including the ancient past and (archeology), achitecture, fishing, shooting, woodworking,metalworking, swimming, health and fitness, watching football, boxing, rugby and cricket, reading, painting, gardening,cooking and traveling. These are hobbies that come and go depending on time and finances. Is it any wonder that I have been constantly nagged by my wife to get the house decorated for the past three years, our house is definately ready for a makeover but my hobbies/ life come first. A long spell of summer rain may see me reaching for wallpaper and paint brushes (I will try and watch the football world cup at the same time). Don't even ask about the massive backlog of negatives I need to print. I am up at 5:30am most days and try and go to bed for 10:00 pm, I can function on six hours of sleep with one occasional afternoon nap at weekends to catch up.

Last edited by GoodOldNorm; 15th May 2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: added text
Old 15th May 2018, 07:46 PM
Friend

I'm a comeback trumpet player after a 20 year lay off. I joined our local brass band on cornet 18 months ago. We play around 8 concerts a year, carols around the town at Christmas and played the band in the stage version of Brassed Off at Whitby Pavilion Easter before last. My spare time is filled with 'keeping my lip in' and photography!

Tony
Old 16th May 2018, 11:15 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Other interests have always involved photography but are now in the decline because of age related deterioration and legacies of past misdeeds.
These have been mountaineering in its widest sense and associated activities and since 2008 seakayaking which IMO is like winter mountaineering on the horizontal plane (usually).
The are/have always involved my main interest in photography; mainly black & white and analogue.
Mike
Old 16th May 2018, 02:18 PM
Friend

I forgot hiking in the mountains and forests. Just to take time and spend one whole day outside in nature. The one hobby, which goes along well with my photography.
Frank
Old 16th May 2018, 03:41 PM
Friend

I forgot to add foraging, when I am out and about I cannot help collecting:herbs, bilberries, mushrooms, blackberries, wild garlic and nuts etc.

Tags
hobbies
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies