Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th May 2014, 08:33 AM
Friend

Default Expedition Dartmoor April - May 2014 Report

Dear friends, apologies for the long-ish silence from me on the forum, caused by recent change of arrangements in my work life.

That said, Natalie and I desperately needed a break, so we spontaneously took three friends and took them on a photo-trip to/through Hampshire, Dorset & Devon last week - of course with the ultimate goal of our trip was to make it to Wistman's Wood in Dartmoor!

Natalie wrote a report from our trip, which you could read here if of interest! I shall be adding some photographs to the FADU gallery as soon as I contact print all my negatives.

http://www.afuk.cz/expedition-dartmoor/

Next time I will try to give you some heads up beforehand rather than ex-post, so there's a chance for a meet up with some of you.
Old 10th May 2014, 08:14 AM
Friend

Hi Leo,

What a great article,

"During the day, the sky changes colours like a chameleon. Late spring in England usually promises bathing in sunshine most of the time and boy, we were bathing! But not in warm rays of a yellow giant, who faded into his stratospheric duvets just before our arrival"

Just loved this description.

Ian
Old 10th May 2014, 04:04 PM
Friend

Leo / Natalie,

I enjoyed you Dartmoor report. I see that the magic of Wistman's Wood has taken you over - yet again!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 11th May 2014, 02:14 PM
Friend

Hi Ian, thank you for your comments! All the credit for the text & the entire report goes to my wife Natalie!

Neil, yes, you are right - I could not afford miss Wistman's Wood and have very much enjoyed it there!

That said, just by accident we have discovered a new location of interest! I certainly will returni in the future. It has the good properties & magic of Wistman's Wood, just there is a different kind of magic though. The spot is located just off the main road around the Burrator reservoir. You could have a look via Google maps here if interested: https://goo.gl/maps/ivRKl

I have to admit that due rain / soaking wet literally everywhere, at first I have decided to stay in the car. But then Natalie came back from that spot to the car so excited! She convinced me and I have decided to get my Graflex out gave it a go. It was well worth it! I've lost myself there completely for an extra 1.5 hour and shot about 18 (5x4") negatives!
Old 11th May 2014, 05:09 PM
Friend

There is a free photographic exhibition at the moment in the Dartmoor visitor's centre in Princetown. The photo's are superb.

http://dartmoortimelapse.com/
Old 13th May 2014, 05:28 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Stehlik View Post
Hi Ian, thank you for your comments! All the credit for the text & the entire report goes to my wife Natalie!

Neil, yes, you are right - I could not afford miss Wistman's Wood and have very much enjoyed it there!

That said, just by accident we have discovered a new location of interest! I certainly will returni in the future. It has the good properties & magic of Wistman's Wood, just there is a different kind of magic though. The spot is located just off the main road around the Burrator reservoir. You could have a look via Google maps here if interested: https://goo.gl/maps/ivRKl

I have to admit that due rain / soaking wet literally everywhere, at first I have decided to stay in the car. But then Natalie came back from that spot to the car so excited! She convinced me and I have decided to get my Graflex out gave it a go. It was well worth it! I've lost myself there completely for an extra 1.5 hour and shot about 18 (5x4") negatives!

Hi Leo,

Yes I know the wood you mention - very good too with lot's of potential. Maybe you won't be as keen to yomp off to Wistman's in the future

Neil.

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies