Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st October 2019, 08:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I posted my print today.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Received an exquisite print from Alex today, really outstanding.

I don’t want to spoil the surprise for anyone else so hopefully it will find its way into the gallery. Many, many thanks, Alex.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 1st October 2019, 08:46 PM
Friend

Thanks, Martin. I’m glad you liked it, and it’s always good to have some positive feedback.
I’m on holiday at the moment, but will try to upload it to the Gallery.
Alex.

Old 4th October 2019, 02:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubV View Post
My offering (finally) made it to the post today.

Jakub
Just arrivied, 2 prints, one a really lovely and beautifully printed cloudscape, mainly some very dramatic clouds with just a small hill with what looks like a steeple in the foreground, the other very minimalist, just a white arear in the middle of 2 building's with just a hint of detail in the shadows, Thanks Jakub, certainly something very different but pleasing for my collection
Richard
Old 4th October 2019, 03:21 PM
Friend

Hello Richard, I'm glad that you liked the prints, and quite frankly that they arrived - when I posted them, for some reason I paid less than half what I usually do. I didn't realize at the time, but then I got a bit nervous if they didn't mess up...apparently (after checking the prices with Slovak post), I used to be charged extra for tracking option even if I didn't want it
I forgot to mention, the building on a hill in the foreground of a cloud print is a TV tower.

Jakub
Old 6th October 2019, 02:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Another one is on the road. I assume the first one did not make it.
Made me generally thinking to put one print in a bottle and throw it in the river here. Just an idea to promote darkroom prints. :-)
Frank
So SORRY Frank! I've been so busy and my 'inbox' is a big mixed pile at the moment, so I've only just got to your envelopes.

But to be honest, I am a little confused... I have now received TWO prints from you and initially thought that I was your recipient for two successive rounds, which I thought a bit odd. But reading your above comment, I THINK they may both be for September 2019 Print exchange?

I ask the above as I am unsure, as there is NO MENTION of which round either are for, on either the envelope and in the letter. Also, I think that there is another similarly named person on a different exchange that I participate in, just to confuse me further!...

So, hoping that they are both for the September exchange, here are my comments.

BOTH of the prints that I have received from Frank, are landscapes of the new place that he now lives, and very photogenic it is too.

The first print, is a 10 x 8, cropped from a square neg (a format I love) and has vineyards in the immediate foreground, leading to the middle ground of a former castle, following through to a lovely misty and hilly background.

The second print, presumably sent as Frank thought the first had not arrived (= so many thanks for this Frank), is he says, '...one of the first images...' that he made in his '...new hometown...' of which he seems to love living in.

This print is of '...the harbour of the Rhine...' with a cathedral in the background.

Both prints give a wonderful sense of what the area is like, and with few or no leaves to be seen, I'm presuming that they were taken in early autumn or winter? Either way, both prints are a lovely insight into a country I have not really had the chance to explore very much.

So thank you once more Frank, for the pictures. They are a lovely addition to my expanding collection of print exchange work.

And for future exchanges, I will try to comment as close to receiving them as possible.

Terry S
Old 6th October 2019, 04:09 PM
Friend

Hi Terry,
Glad they arrived and you like them! Yes, both for the September round. The church is in my new hometown Breisach am Rhein. The old town of Breisach is on a hill and you have a magnificent view over the whole Rhine valley from there. The other print shows Burkheim, which is a few miles north of Breisach and part of the vine growing area called Kaiserstuhl. This is all lovely here. I was guided by my mental compass built in my years in the Mosel valley in Trier. You should live, where vine is growing. It's sunny there! :-)
Best wishes, Frank
Old 6th October 2019, 09:51 PM
Friend

I’m just home from holiday to find Terry’s print for this exchange. It’s a nicely composed shot of activity at the local bandstand. The image was made using a 1960’s Kodak camera. The overall effect is quite soft, with a nice range of tones, improved by Terry in the print.
Thanks for both the print and letter. It’s nice to see something different. Incidentally, I’m sure my mother also used one of these cameras.
Alex.

Old 7th October 2019, 11:55 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I’m just home from holiday to find Terry’s print for this exchange.
Good to hear it reached you okay Alex and thanks for the comments.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies