Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th December 2018, 01:31 PM
Friend

Default its that time again whats santa getting you

well have you sent your letter to Santa ,and what will you be getting for Christmas I am getting ten rolls of delta 100 and ten rolls of delta 400 film and a nice phase one 645af camera body ,well that's what I asked Santa for " Hee Hee ". Hope you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year .
Old 12th December 2018, 05:03 PM
Friend

Good light would be nice - failing that, peace on this benighted earth. Might have to wait a bit..... All the very best to all, hope you get what you want.
Old 13th December 2018, 08:13 AM
Friend

All the family together for Xmas dinner, no novelty socks or underpants, no bad smelling aftershave, just film and more film.
Old 13th December 2018, 07:02 PM
Friend

This is my list to Santa, in the order of importance

1. A box of 4x5 Provia
2. S/H 6x6 slide projector off of ebay, something Like Kindermann or Rollei 66 would be great
3. Yashica 230 AF / Canon EOS 620 / Pentax MZ-5 or such similar plastic af camera from the days gone by
4. Mamiya 55mm TLR lens

But I guess I'll be fine with # 1.
Old 13th December 2018, 07:19 PM
Friend

I know what I want, I have dropped lots of hints to my better half, but whether I will get the Mint Fed 2 that I am after only Christmas morning will tell, Best wishes for a good Christmas to all here
Richard
Old 13th December 2018, 07:23 PM
Friend

Miha, you'll love the 55mm on the Mamiya. I think it might be my most used lens on that camera

Wouldn't mind seeing projected 6x6 Velvia myself though. In ye olde days 35mm Kodachrome was very impressive, 6x6 must be killer.
Old 13th December 2018, 07:29 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Miha, you'll love the 55mm on the Mamiya. I think it might be my most used lens on that camera

Wouldn't mind seeing projected 6x6 Velvia myself though. In ye olde days 35mm Kodachrome was very impressive, 6x6 must be killer.
Hi skellum, but the lens got mixed reviews...some say it's the worst of the lot, others say it's sharp and fine.
Old 14th December 2018, 11:10 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miha View Post
Hi skellum, but the lens got mixed reviews...some say it's the worst of the lot, others say it's sharp and fine.
Miha -- you needn't have any doubts about it's sharpness. I use this lens a lot. As for Skellum, it's my most-used lens for the C330. I can assure you it is very sharp. And has a very pleasing tonality too. It's prone to flare, however, so using a lens hood is a must. All in all, it's a wonderful lens.

JimW -- I with you. A more peaceful 2019 would be wonderful. I am about ready for a self-imposed news blackout for the rest of the year. All the divisiveness, bickering and conflict in the past year has worn me down. Time to tune out the world and enjoy time with my family.

Kind regards,
Svend
Old 14th December 2018, 12:17 PM
Friend

I have ordered two things for Christmas. A photographic eye just like the kind James Ravilious had, and a big bag full of enthusiasm to keep me going throughout 2019. Problem is, I've checked on Amazon, and they don't seem to list either...

Alan
Old 14th December 2018, 12:26 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clark View Post
I have ordered two things for Christmas. A photographic eye just like the kind James Ravilious had, and a big bag full of enthusiasm to keep me going throughout 2019. Problem is, I've checked on Amazon, and they don't seem to list either...

Alan
Christmas TV may give you the enthusiasm to grab your camera and get "oot and aboot" Merry Xmas!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies