Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th March 2016, 01:06 PM
Friend

David / Mitch many thanks guys - good to know you liked the look of the site and enjoyed images.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 19th March 2016, 03:56 PM
Friend

Your new site is inspirational, Neill. I like your collection of images produced by alternative processes. It is great to see good examples, and also useful for people who are interested, but may never have seen a bromoil or cyanotype, etc. Your images are excellent in all the different processes.
Keep up the good work!
Alex.
Old 19th March 2016, 05:49 PM
Friend

I greatly enjoyed looking through the site, Neil - your work is, as Alex says, inspirational. I like the fact that a lot of your work is of the natural world around us.
Michael
Old 19th March 2016, 07:50 PM
Friend

Michael, thanks you very much for your kind comments on my work and the new website.

I have always been a country boy at heart and found peace in the landscape and with nature. Over the years this has been my escape route from the grind today's busy world, and I still do. Give me anything else to photograph and I'm floundering!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 19th March 2016, 07:57 PM
Friend

Alex, thank you also and it is good to get some feedback on the alternative items. I only started making these in retirement so still have a lot to learn, but they have given me a lot of pleasure as well as quite a few headaches! The latest one, Bromoils, has really taken me over as the creative possibilities with it are endless.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 19th March 2016, 08:18 PM
Friend

Neil, just looked at your revamped website and you have some great images and they look great. You asked about any feedback in your OP and perhaps I can mention that about a year ago I also updated my own website (you may recall we both use clikpic). I wanted to maximise my image size on screen and Jo (of clikpic, who I'm sure you know) advised that if you make the longest side either landscape or portrait format 850 pixels, but keep resolution at 300 pixel/inch then you maximise the image on screen. Don’t know if this helps, but thought mentioning.
Old 19th March 2016, 09:04 PM
Friend

An excellent and inspirational website. Very easy to navigate for those of us who aren't tech-savvy.
Old 19th March 2016, 09:21 PM
Friend

A great website Neil and the photos are outstanding. I was very impressed with the bromoils, what paper do you use, I did not think you could get non supercoated paper anymore?

Mark
Old 20th March 2016, 09:59 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
Neil, just looked at your revamped website and you have some great images and they look great. You asked about any feedback in your OP and perhaps I can mention that about a year ago I also updated my own website (you may recall we both use clikpic). I wanted to maximise my image size on screen and Jo (of clikpic, who I'm sure you know) advised that if you make the longest side either landscape or portrait format 850 pixels, but keep resolution at 300 pixel/inch then you maximise the image on screen. Don’t know if this helps, but thought mentioning.

Clive,
The max size of images for the template I used is less than you have quoted - a considered decision of course. If you over-run the max size for the template in use, you can get away with this occasionally, it can have knock-on effects elsewhere on the site.

I had a different vison for this site and I am happy with the image size because the site will be showing more small sized alternative images and less large prints.

Yes, I've had a few interesting chats with Jo, a very helpful lady indeed. I have a lot of regard for Clikpic - they do a great job with excellent backup / support.

Thanks also for your comments on my images.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 20th March 2016, 10:04 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
An excellent and inspirational website. Very easy to navigate for those of us who aren't tech-savvy.
Thanks a lot, Rob.

Hopefully it's ease of navigation and use will allow me to keep it updated more often than the previous one ;-)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies