Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Reviews > Books

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th July 2021, 12:46 PM
Friend

Default Amateur Photographer 17 July 2021

I’ve just noticed that the latest edition of this magazine is all about using film. I have bought it to read later. It has articles about medium format, 35mm SLRs, available film and, what appears to be a review of the Intrepid enlarger.
I’m not in any way associated with the magazine, but I thought it may interest some other members. (Those who have no time for this publication, please ignore).
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 14th July 2021, 12:56 PM
Friend

Thanks Alex. Worth a look, I'd say

Mike
Old 14th July 2021, 05:48 PM
Friend

I don't normally buy it but I may do so tomorrow.
Old 15th July 2021, 03:39 PM
Friend

It will not be long now till we see new film cameras Now that AP is doing a film edition

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 15th July 2021, 06:43 PM
Friend

I suppose it must be a good sign
Old 15th July 2021, 07:45 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
It will not be long now till we see new film cameras Now that AP is doing a film edition
You never know, maybe one day, after all, the camera makers will be looking for the next big thing now they say the bottom is falling out of the dslr market,
Richard
Old 15th July 2021, 09:14 PM
Friend

Probably means it’s time to sell the cameras you don’t use as I bet they’ll go up in price. Not that I’ll sell any of mine as I’d just end up buying them again

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16th July 2021, 03:56 PM
Friend

I'm intending to buy a copy of AP in the next few days, but looking at their website there seems to be a lot of info on it about the current issue, which makes me wonder if I even need to?

Can anyone who has bought this particular issue take a look at the site and give their thoughts.

https://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/

Terry S
Old 16th July 2021, 04:38 PM
Friend

Well, I haven't bought the magazine but I did take a look at it in Smiths in Scarborough today. If you have ever wondered how to load film into a camera, or don't know what a waist level finder is on a medium-format camera, then this is definitely the magazine for you.....

Alan
Old 16th July 2021, 04:56 PM
Friend

The article on ‘boutique films’ was interesting. The US based makers of CineStill give a good insight into their products, and the French (who would have guessed?) owner of Washi Film also gave interesting information. The UK Kosmo branded film, however, seems to be simply Foma in fancy boxes. The article has encouraged me to try some of the Washi and CineStill ranges. I hadn’t realised that Washi made more than the original emulsion coated on Japanese paper. If I’m looking for Foma products, however, I think I will go to them directly.
I also read in this edition an article about a photographer who has been working on a project to document ethnically diverse communities in a town in the North of England. His photos are excellent, and appear to be made on 8x10 film. Interestingly, that article isn’t highlighted as film related.
I told my son, who is in his 20’s, about this magazine. He has recently started working with film, and it seemed ideal for people in that situation.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies