Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th November 2019, 05:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
I have booked 3 nights for myself, Jean is giving it a miss this time.

Tony
Hi Tony

Sorry to hear Jean won't be coming too.

We'll all miss her.

I'm sure she will not miss us though.

Best wishes

Martin
Old 14th November 2019, 06:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Sorry to hear Jean won't be coming too.

We'll all miss her.

I'm sure she will not miss us though.
Jean will miss you all, she does enjoy your company but her health not as robust now as it was makes Dartmoor in January not the most comfortable place to be. She will be back with us again I am sure. She does appreciate your comments like being one of the family.

Tony

Tony

Last edited by Tony Marlow; 14th November 2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 19th November 2019, 06:38 PM
Friend

Default Weekend update 19/11/2019

It's great to see so many FADUs committed for this gathering and I thank everyone for their support.

However, the hotel has rooms to fill and we would like to see as many as possible there. So if you are thinking of staying at the hotel remember the cheaper rooms are limited in number and will be withdrawn when they have all been taken.

We would also like to see FADUs who live locally, or within a reasonable drive away, who can join in for a few hours or for a day. If you are thinking about doing this and want to find out more do get in touch with me here or by PM.

Those confirmed are:

UPDATED LIST (19/11/19)

Neil (Booked)
Rob Archer (Booked)
Bob (booked)
Chris + Yvonne (booked)
Barry (Booked & IC of the Wistmans Wood visit)
Martin Aislabie (Booked)
David Lingham (Booked x2 nights)
Paul Diz (booked)
Tony Marlow (booked)

Clive Vincent
Ian Grant
Keith Tapscott (if leave permits)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 8th December 2019, 03:22 PM
Friend

Default Print share

A regular feature of our gatherings is to hold a print share sometime over the weekend.

This is very informal and last year we managed to organise a large round table to use in a quiet corner of the bar.

The idea is for as many as possible to bring some prints along to share by passing them around for general chat and comment. Your prints can be your best work, work in progress or work that you may just want to seek an opinion. However, it is not compulsory to bring prints but obviously the more that can the better the print share will be.

So with the Christmas holidays now fast approaching make sure you have plenty of paper and chemicals in stock and allocate some time make a few prints for showing at the gathering!

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 14th December 2019, 12:42 PM
Friend

Default Weekend update 14/12/2019

Good news - Clive Vincent has now confirmed his hotel booking. We looking forward to seeing you again Clive.

Those confirmed are:

UPDATED LIST (14/12/19)

Neil (Booked)
Rob Archer (Booked)
Bob (booked)
Chris + Yvonne (booked)
Barry (Booked)
Martin Aislabie (Booked)
David Lingham (Booked x2 nights)
Paul Diz (Booked)
Tony Marlow (Booked)
Clive Vincent (Booked)

Ian Grant
Keith Tapscott (if leave permits)

Neil Souch
Old 11th January 2020, 04:41 PM
Friend

only a couple of weeks to go now looking forward to this, lets hope we have some good weather.

Christopher.
Old 12th January 2020, 10:33 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
We've been to Wales before and there has been talk of returning sometime. Maybe next year this will happen and you will be able to come along to that.

Neil.
I would have liked to come to Dartmoor but have just returned from Manchester having had a hip replaced. Remarkably mobile after only 2 months but would be pushing it for this meet.

As for a meeting in Snowdonia - There was one just after I joined FADU and before I had got the measure of the Forum. Me organising/coordinating one later this year might be a possibility but have to see how things go. Such a meeting is likely to involve walking in hilly/rough terrain and I would want to be involved in any such activity.
Mike
Old 12th January 2020, 10:41 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishChris View Post
only a couple of weeks to go now looking forward to this, lets hope we have some good weather.

Christopher.

Chris,

Yes it won't be long now - looking forward to it too.

Now is the time to start thinking about what cameras / lenses to take, check over your outdoor clothing and sort out some prints for the print share

I do my best with organising the weather - made a bit of a hash of it last year !

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 12th January 2020, 10:46 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
I would have liked to come to Dartmoor but have just returned from Manchester having had a hip replaced. Remarkably mobile after only 2 months but would be pushing it for this meet.

As for a meeting in Snowdonia - There was one just after I joined FADU and before I had got the measure of the Forum. Me organising/coordinating one later this year might be a possibility but have to see how things go. Such a meeting is likely to involve walking in hilly/rough terrain and I would want to be involved in any such activity.
Mike
Mike,

I hope your hip-op recovery goes well. I had a new knee last year and understand the situation. I am sure you will be soon back to normal.

The past Snowdonia FADA visits were well attended so if you are able to organize something later on I'm sure there will be a good response.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 12th January 2020, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post

Mike
Hi Mike,

Pleased to hear that your hip replacement is going well. I am surprised at your enthusiasm for a trip South after your last experience in Cornwall

When you are up to it please do arrange something in North Wales. I would certainly enjoy a visit there it as I am sure would many others. Superb location.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies