Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th January 2021, 02:36 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinAllan View Post
If I did this again I would want to make a mask to fit in the waist level finder, but I've now bought a Horizon 202 which will meet my needs for 35mm panoramics for the time being.
Good idea Kevin, about the mask.

It looks like I'm going to use one of my Holga's, as trying out my 'proper' MF cameras, but whether manual wind or battery motor wind, they seem to limit you on the number of exposures one can get, which leaves the Holga. After having watched a few videos, it's just a matter now of working out how many turns of the wind on knob need to be done between each exposure, and that seems easy enough to do.

Also, like you, I too have a Horizon panoramic camera, but I just wanted to try something different, especially because of what the Holga lens has to offer.

Terry S
Old 28th January 2021, 01:05 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
I have some really rubbish no name c41 colour film that is well expired, I can send you a couple of rolls if you like. If you develop it in b&w chemicals you should get enough of an image to see the spacing. Pm your address if interested.
Rubbish they may be, but they'll do great for my trying out the 120 / 35mm adapters in my Holga.

And they arrived this morning Norm - so another pat on the back for Royal Mail; a second class packet arriving in just two days.

I missed the sunshine this morning, so I'll load the camera up and attach it to a tripod, ready for the next (5 minute?) bit of sunshine.

Many thanks once more for your generosity Norm - much appreciated.

Terry S
Old 28th January 2021, 08:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Rubbish they may be, but they'll do great for my trying out the 120 / 35mm adapters in my Holga.

And they arrived this morning Norm - so another pat on the back for Royal Mail; a second class packet arriving in just two days.

I missed the sunshine this morning, so I'll load the camera up and attach it to a tripod, ready for the next (5 minute?) bit of sunshine.

Many thanks once more for your generosity Norm - much appreciated.

Terry S
Not sure if you will get much of an image on those films they have been stored in a cupboard for at least 15 years. The cassettes may be useful for loading bulk film into and the film useful for testing fix. Have fun.
Old 30th January 2021, 07:46 AM
Friend

I loaded a negative strip I'd scanned but not cut up to work out the Ensign needed 4 half turns to advance enough. Just mark up the film and watch it pull through with the back off.

With a camera that cocks the shutter and advances a set amount it should just work although as the pulling spool fills up and gets a bigger diameter it will take slightly bigger "bites".

Andy
Old 30th January 2021, 01:18 PM
Friend

Well, I've eventually managed to load one of my Holga's with film yesterday.

The adapters that I bought were 3D printed and part of a piece was a little tight and the end of it broke off into two, whilst trying to insert it. I tried super gluing it, to no avail, so I'm going to contact the seller for a replacement piece. When it arrives. I think that I will either sand or trim it down so that it fits a little looser.

I had hoped to take the camera into the garden today, just to test a roll of what Norm sent me, mostly to check the spacing between shots. If it stays overcast I might anyway, just by using about 1/2 of the film.

Terry S
Old 19th March 2021, 04:23 PM
Friend

Well I finally got around to doing some test exposures recently, in the garden on a sunny day, after loading the adapters and then the film, in my Kodak Brownie that takes 120 film.

I don't know if it was the adapters or the film, but the film got stuck about half way though and wouldn't budge, so in a way I'm glad it was an old film from Norm and not a decent one, as it would have been wasted.

Anyway, I've put the film into a processing tank in a changing bag, and hopefully I'll get time to stand develop it over the weekend. I'll report back when done.

Terry S
Old 19th March 2021, 10:56 PM
Friend

I did a roll ,and I was not impressed with the out come I can see where you could use it ,but in general I did not like the results don't think I will try it again for a while ,but it was worth trying it just to see .I got 14 exposures out of a roll of 36exp in my Fuji 6x8 camera .
Old 20th March 2021, 05:42 PM
Friend

Thank for bringing this up. I inherited last year a Kodak Brownie from my father-in-law and I have a 220 back. I decided to give it a try and ordered here the adapters: https://www.camerhack.it/.
Frank
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:17 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Well I finally got around to doing some test exposures recently, in the garden on a sunny day, after loading the adapters and then the film, in my Kodak Brownie that takes 120 film.

I don't know if it was the adapters or the film, but the film got stuck about half way though and wouldn't budge, so in a way I'm glad it was an old film from Norm and not a decent one, as it would have been wasted.

Anyway, I've put the film into a processing tank in a changing bag, and hopefully I'll get time to stand develop it over the weekend. I'll report back when done.

Terry S
Terry, I processed one of those old films at ei 100 in b&w developer and got some images. The film base came out brown and well fogged. So you should be able to see the frame spacing when using the adapters.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies