Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Large Format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th January 2012, 11:28 PM
Friend

Default Plate camera- help needed

I just received the last acquisition to my camera collection, an unbranded 9x12 plate camera which I believe it to be an Ihagee from 1914-1918. It has a Rodenstock Eurynar 135mm f6.5 in an IBSO compound shutter (though at slow speeds the iris doesn't close) and double extension bellows, and came with a Rollex adapter for 120 film, which means I can use it straight away, once I find out how to properly load the film, that is.

The only way I can see the film can be loaded means that once at the receiving spool the backing paper is facing out, if that makes sense. Is it the way it should be? Can I take it out the camera in daylight as with any other folding camera?

Another question I have is about the rise/fall feature of the lens. Is it used to correct straight lines, like when shooting buildings? I guess the only way to use it then would be focusing through a ground glass when using a plate or sheet film, wouldn't it?

I'd like to get hold of some plate holder in the future to try using paper negatives, though for what I've found out it's quite tricky to find the proper one, given the amount of different sizes.

I hope I'll be able to try it out this weekend, can't wait to see the results!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ivan
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies