Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th May 2013, 06:41 AM
Friend

Default meeting

This is all good. Is anyone going to turn up though, no-one has confirmed they will be coming. I will be there anyway with my tripod and camera.
I hope to see some of you there.

Barry
Old 10th May 2013, 01:53 PM
Friend

Hi Barry
I didn't want to respond to your thread until I was 99% sure I would be able to get there, I can now confirm that all being completely well I will meet you at 11am at Grindleford rail station on Saturday the 18th May, was it a camera round your neck, or carrying a bunch of red roses? I look forward to meeting you there, as I don't know that part of Derbyshire I will be a happy follower.
Best regards
Richard
Old 10th May 2013, 09:50 PM
Friend

At the moment things don't seem to be panning out, my relatives (mothers sister) in Derby are down South visiting family next weekend.

Will see what I can do, the fiend wants to ome anyway and wants his portrait made with a Darlot or Petzval if anyone wants to oblige (he thinks he's rather handsome - females don't seem to disagree)

I'll try and come even if I have to bring my mother - the fiend will love it regardless . . . . . . . .

Ian
Old 14th May 2013, 11:04 PM
Friend

I'm PM'ing my mobile no to Baz (Barry Fisher) and hopefully he'll reciprocate after he has a few more numbers.

Could someone post on the UK LF forum that a few of us will be meeting up and invite anyone that fancies it along.

I'm not 100% sure yet for physical/medical reasons - been barely able to walk for a week, and I will have my mother in tow (no choice).

The fiend is up for it though and if I make it there's a Petzval attached to a 5x4 Speed Graphic if anyone wants to take his portrait

Ian
Old 15th May 2013, 06:32 AM
Friend

I popped down to where Stoke Brook meets the derwent river by Froggatt bridge last night, lovely down there at the minute, plenty of wildflowers out, marsh marigolds etc. the way its raining now though you'll want to bring wellies!

Old 17th May 2013, 04:24 PM
Friend

OK I might be able to swing some time tomorrow PM, looks like its going to pi$$ it down so should be nice light in woodland areas. I'll PM my mobile number to Barry and Ian.
Old 19th May 2013, 07:52 AM
Friend

Sorry to Dave for missing him, both Richard and myself were shattered by the time Dave was setting off, so we decided to call it a day. I will be arranging more outings in the future, unless someone else wants to have a go.
The day was very rewarding, I met Richard, a nice man and easy to talk to. We talked about photography, family and work. We also managed to take some photographs. All in all very interesting, I'm glad I went.
Old 19th May 2013, 07:30 PM
Friend

Really sorry I missed this. It's a fantastic area and there's an awful lot to photograph round there. I'll probably pay another visit in the autumn. I'll post here if I do. Glad those that went had a good time - look forward to seeing some scans of the results!
Old 19th May 2013, 11:51 PM
Friend

I was sorry to have called off, the bad weather forecast and having to drag my mother and the fiend along plus a 2 hour drive each way meant it wasn't practical.

Ironically we had very good weather here,

Ian
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies