Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > External Group Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th September 2016, 02:36 PM
Friend

Default RPS Analogue Group announcement

I have just received the appended e-mail message, which should speak for itself:

Dear Analogue Group member

I am pleased to announce that our Group now has a Facebook site. The Facebook site is open to anyone to join and is intended to be a Forum to bring anyone interested in, or just curious about, analogue photography together - Society member or not, current analogue user or not.

So please join and encourage your photographic friends to do so, too. Once you have a Facebook account, simply follow the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/rpsanalogue/ and click on the Join Group button. It's as easy as that!

Our Facebook site has been trialled over the past month or two. You are welcome to comment and post your images (though please read the 'Description' on the right side of the site on what is permissible). It is particularly important to have news and examples of work using 'everyday' analogue materials (film and / or paper, or a hybrid process). We do still have our own web pages on the Society's site, and this will remain our primary outlet for news of events and bookings.

To manage our online presence, Rob O'Callaghan has joined the committee. Rob will be overseeing both the Facebook site and also the Group's web pages on the Society's website. Contact him directly at analoguewebmaster@rps.org. Rob is particularly keen to have images to keep both the Group's Society pages as well for the Facebook Group current - please send them directly to him.

I look forward to seeing your posts!

Regards

Richard
Old 19th March 2019, 06:29 PM
Friend

Default RPS Analogue Group Annual Meeting, 30 March 2019

Anyone is welcome to attend the Group' as annual meeting, with speakers Michael Pritchard, Steve Le Grys doing a wet collodion demonstration, and Paul Mitchell on RPS distinctions. For information and to book see [URL="http://rps.org/events/2019/march/30/rps-analogue-group-annual-conference-and-agm"]

Dave (Chair of the RPS Analogue Group until 30 March)
Old 19th March 2019, 06:39 PM
Friend

Default Analogue Group

As a time served and paid up member of the RPS, I stand my ground and will have absolutely NOTHING to do with Farcebook (Spelling mistake intentional).

Once they get their house in order with regard to instantly removing offensive and frequently illegal material, then I may change my mind!

Until then I can live quite happily without it, like I have done for most of my life.
Old 19th March 2019, 08:56 PM
Friend

I am afraid I feel exactly the same as John about Facebook. So if it involves joining that organisation and setting up an account then I will decline the invitation to join via Facebook

Mike
Old 19th March 2019, 09:12 PM
Friend

You actually just have to be an RPS member to join the Analogue Group. Best thing is not to get too uptight about my original post on this thread - just concentrate on Dave's.
Old 20th March 2019, 08:30 AM
Friend

Default Facebook

I think Mike and myself are thinking the same.

Facebook is to some people the whole world, but for others is an insidious step towards propagating the less desirable aspects of the modern world.

Neither, (so I believe) are they very careful what they do with your personal data which to me is far more important than a quick chat with 'friends' you have never met nor very likely to.

So in the vernacular they - Facebook - can take a running jump. The RPS I can enjoy quite well without it.

Last edited by John King; 20th March 2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 20th March 2019, 12:13 PM
Friend

First off, here is Dave's link from post two, hopefully now showing as a 'just click here':

http://rps.org/events/2019/march/30/...erence-and-agm

And browsing using Paul's name, I came across something interesting to read and pictures to look at = his panel for his FRPS, done with a pinhole camera. And his is apparently the first person to get a FRPS this way:

http://www.rps.org/~/media/Files/Dis...ov%202014.ashx

Terry S
Old 20th March 2019, 07:30 PM
Friend

Unfortunately it's the same here in the Netherlands, that hybrid is lumped together with analogue. I'd by far prefer to see the 2 disciplines separated.

And that is one of the fundamental reasons that I cherish this forum so much!

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 21st March 2019, 04:43 PM
Friend

Who need the RPS group on facebug when you have FADU. RPS should join us

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 21st March 2019, 09:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
RPS should join us
There's gotta a bad joke in there somewhere.... like do we want to let in the riff raff.... I am of course joking, they've done a lot for the genre, but i had to smile when I saw the quote....
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies