Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd January 2021, 02:07 PM
Friend

Hi Terry,
Latent image degradation is a very well known problem with Plus x, even Ilford admit that there is a problem, on quite a few posts on Phototrio, in fact you and John are the only 2 people that don't seem to have problems that I know of, I always keep my MF cameras loaded and ready to use, but not wound to first frame, but never have any problems, and I rarely have problems taking 12 04 15 frames on a shooting expedition, only with Still life do I have films lasting sometimes 2 or 3 days, but my cameras and films are stored in a heated room, sometimes for a month or for the films, and never get problems with 120, I firmly believe that a lot of the problems with mottling is down to dampness, but even with exposed films waiting for developing I keep them in my darkroom, which is both dry and heated, I have had some films a week waiting to be developed, if I am busy with something else, but with my Fomapan never a problem
Richard
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies