Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th February 2012, 04:52 PM
Friend

Default North Devon / North Cornwall Coast

North Devon / North Cornwall Coast – November 16/17/18, 2012.

A few of us have decided to visit this fantastic coastal area in November. The locations we have in mind include: Hartland Quay, Stoke, Spekes Mill, Sandy Mouth, Widemouth Bay, Millook , Crackington Haven and Bostcastle.

Having lived in North Devon / Cornwall for over 30 years I can say for rugged coastal work and seascapes, with the Atlantic Ocean rolling in as a backdrop, this area is a hard one to beat. The date of the weekend has been chosen to ensure the tide is just right for safe access on to the beaches. If coastal work is something you enjoy doing why not come along and join in – everyone is welcome and you are bound to have a good time with like-minded people!

I have been fortunate to be able to book the Hartland Quay Hotel for this event which is an amazing place to stay in its own right. Being located at the bottom of the impressive Hartland Cliffs you are only a few dozen meters away from the sea - and that is when you are in your bed! You can literally do sensational photography right from the hotel door.

The manageress of the hotel is currently keeping the hotel reserved for this event as she wants to be able to offer us the best rooms - so book early to avoid disappointment.

Booking Details

Book direct with the hotel and ask for Jill (the manageress) also mention you are part of the FADU photography group.

Hartland Quay Hotel
Hartland
North Devon
EX39 6DU

http://www.hartlandquayhotel.co.uk/

Phone: 01237 441 218
Email: info@hartlandquayhotel.com

B&B ensuit accommodation is £45 per night per person per room. This means singles will be accommodated in a double at £45 per night per room with no extra charge. Those requiring accommodation with their partners will be accommodated in a double room at £45 per night per person.

Special dietary needs are catered for – contact the hotel.

The hotel’s brochure can be downloaded from their website.

Alternatively, a variety of accommodation in the form of Inns, hotels, B&Bs and camping sites is available within the area to suit all pockets and tastes.

The format for the weekend will be the same as before with our other field trips – informal and to do some photography. Hopefully we shall also have an impromptu print sharing session in the hotel so please bring along a few prints if you can.

The walking will be light to moderate and the emphasis will be on maximising image making opportunities. As the weather in North Devon / Cornwall can be unpredictable outdoor clothing and walking boots / shoes are recommended.

If you can’t make the whole weekend but can manage to come along for a day or two, or join in for a few hours on one of the days or evenings, you would be made most welcome. If so do get in touch with me here or by PM to discuss the details.

For those who may wish to travel by train get in touch with Barry or myself (by PM), before you book your tickets, as it may be possible to arrange a lift for you from Somerset onwards.

If you decide to join us please let me know by posting on this thread as I shall be compiling a list of who is coming to keep everyone updated.

If you have any questions / queries that are not covered in the above please raise them here.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 4th February 2012, 05:18 PM
Friend

Sounds good to us Neil, I shall book a double for Win and myself.
Old 4th February 2012, 05:24 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Sounds good to us Neil, I shall book a double for Win and myself.

Good news Dave - I will put you each on the list. But I am not sure if your all-terrain LF trolly will work on the beaches

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 4th February 2012, 06:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
Good news Dave - I will put you each on the list. But I am not sure if your all-terrain LF trolly will work on the beaches

Neil.
It will if Win pulls it.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:00 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It will if Win pulls it.

Maybe you could modify it to have skids instead of wheels

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 4th February 2012, 10:11 PM
Friend

He could put a third wheel on it, mount the tripod on it with an 8x10 which will act as a nice sail and sand yacht down the beach.

Alternatively you may be able to hire one of these at the beach.
Old 5th February 2012, 12:10 PM
Administrator

I've booked for three nights
Old 5th February 2012, 12:21 PM
Friend

Well done, Barry. You may recall the Doom Bar is quite accectable in the Wreckers Bar

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 5th February 2012, 12:26 PM
Friend

Default Who's Going ?

I shall update this list as and when I hear from those who are going.

Who's Going ?

Neil (B&W Neil) - three nights at the Hartland Quay Hotel
Dave - three nights at the Hartland Quay Hotel
Win - three nights at the Hartland Quay Hotel
Barry - three nights at the Hartland Quay Hotel

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 5th February 2012, 09:54 PM
Friend

Neil, thank you for organizing this, both Natalie and I booked for 3 nights (and we might extend our staying there for a one or two extra days). Look forward meeting up with you later on during 2012!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies