Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 9th October 2020, 11:12 AM
Friend

Not strictly relevant and probably redundant as well but these days even with HTTPS sites I think that anyone using the internet that doesn't have a Internet Security Package puts themselves at risk sooner or later

Mike
Old 9th October 2020, 06:17 PM
Friend

Default Security

You can have all the security you like but if someone is really intent on getting your personal information - they will.

This is why I will not do any internet banking what so ever which is why I will not accept any E Mailed statements - it is a hard copy and the banks are happy to oblige.

There occasions when I have to supply information on line such as replacing my driving licence which I did recently where I reluctantly had to comply. I trust no one where personal information is concerned.

Storing personal info is another concern of mine which is addressed by The GDPR Regs of 2018. In simple language. No one who controls a database with names and personal information has a duty to store it securely, also if a person ceases to be involved with the holder of the data base, that personal information must be deleted.

I am administrator for a motorcycle club forum and it is a rule of membership, that if the forum is not accessed for 6 months, the account is automatically deleted. This decision was made after consultation with the club's solicitors.
Old 9th October 2020, 07:35 PM
Friend

I tend to agree with John, I trust no one with personal information, I do not do internet banking, and I am very reluctant to do shoping on line, I don't like any personal financial details on line, it seems to me that a good hacker could get hold of any details if they really wanted to, indeed, it has happened to me ,I was quite happy to shop on line, until one day I tried to pay for some tyres on my car and my card for that acount was rejected, twice, went to the ATM, and my account only had £20 in it, should have had around £1500, it was my day to day account, but someone had emptied it, my bank was very good, investigated, and found in my favour and got the money back, I have never shopped on line since, and never lost any money since, it seems to be just to easy, I have good security, full AVG, but they got though that,
Richard
Old 9th October 2020, 09:47 PM
Friend

For a bit of balance, I’ve been buying stuff online for donkey’s years and internet banking as well and have never had any bother. I was racking my brain but can’t think of anyone I know who has been stung online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9th October 2020, 10:01 PM
Friend

It may have been my fault for introducing internet security packages as a precaution into Peter's legitimate question

It's a "to each their own" topic really and that's probably all that can be reasonably said about it

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies