Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th April 2020, 02:02 PM
Friend

Default what are we doing to pass the time

what are we doing to pass the time ,I know some younger people can get outside for exercise and shopping and can take some crafty photographs ,but some of us old buggers like me wont take the chance with my breathing COPD amongst other thing I would not last 10 mins ,with the virus ...My wife has said if I take another photo of her she will XXXXXXXX? ,but I am lucky the horses are back in the field and they don't mind being photographed ,I know you can have to many photos of horses ,but it keeps me sane and its good practice for when we can get out of the house I will still remember what buttons to press .I have been using my 300 2.8 on my monopod the film I am using is Ilford delta 400 rated at 800 dev DD.X and I get some great results from this ..all I need now is some birds to come in my garden and start pecking at my fat balls ,and seeds ...just a little side note ,if you do go out Be careful out there

www.essexcockney.com
Old 15th April 2020, 02:24 PM
Friend

Default What am I doing?

Living where I do there are a lot of opportunities to get out and about on foot to places where there are more sheep than people. Getting to the best bits can be difficult and usually involves a long walk or climb.

I have a favourite round walk which can be as little as a mile and or half up to double that. North West Durham has an absolute maze of paths that cross and cross again, the relics of the old colliery railway lines that were removed 50, 60, 70 or even 80 years ago. all are generally well maintained (so long as you miss the horse droppings!)

In sunny weather like we have today it is magic but when it is wet it is as not very nice.

These are two I took yesterday on Kodak Iktar 100 and Kentmere 100 using my Minolta manual bodies. The lens was the same a 24/35 MD zoom and sharp as a tack. I have had the extra for over 2 years and it was slightly out of date so it had to be used. Both images were printed before scanning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Trunk.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	681.9 KB
ID:	3695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stanley Burn.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	444.5 KB
ID:	3696  

Last edited by John King; 15th April 2020 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Add pictures
Old 15th April 2020, 03:57 PM
Friend

I am going through my collection of Film Cameras and using up outdated films in my Fridge which I have never tried such as a cassette of Agfa 'Ortho' Document film and 120 and 35mm kodak Technical Pan and processing in the last few mls of my Very Old Dark Brown RODINAL diluted 1+30 . I have not done prints so cannot show you but the RESULTS are GREAT !! Fantastic Sharpness and Resolution. You can see results HERE on my Flickr ;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/25850987@N03/
Old 15th April 2020, 04:47 PM
Friend

As the weathers improving I've been clearing the darkroom which become more of a workshop in the winter, it's heated and at the bottom of the graden.

Then making lens boards for a recently acquired Century No46 5x4 camera from 1905/6. Century were set up in 1900, hence the name, and later became Graflex as part of Eastman Kodak. Luckily it takes regular 5x4 DDS film holders, although its original is not as long. Will be interesting to try the Bausch & Lomb Rapid Rectilinear lens and compare it to modern lenses. I may also use a rare CZJ 165mm f5.3 Tessar with the camera, it appears the f5.3 lenses were only ever fitted to Kodak cameras.

Worst part of the lock down is my wif wants to learn to use a large format camera, she really means one of my early British wood & brass plate camera which is a rather long learning curve

Ian
Old 15th April 2020, 06:03 PM
Friend

Little change for me really except that we(wife and I ) restrict our shopping to our home town and our walking to Borough Hill which is the ex BBC transmitter hill but now open to the public

Mike
Old 15th April 2020, 06:09 PM
Friend

I have spent sometime having a darkroom sort out, looking at some boxs of paper I will use up, some going back 6 years, I have also been going though my classic cameras, giving those that needed it a clean and spruce up, and I have been having a go at some still life from things I have found around home, using my Bronica ETRSi's and my Minolta dynax's trying to get the wireless flash system working,works fine and some lovely results, also I have spent the lovely Easter weekend detailing my Classic Mercedes, I use it as my daily driver and it needed getting out of Winter,
Richard
Old 15th April 2020, 07:49 PM
Friend

Like Richard I've had a go at sorting out my darkshed, which has been used for long term storage of household "stuff". While clearing it out I realised that I have not done any printing for the best part of 2 years, blimey time flies.

So have spent a few hours today trying to print something, not gone well as reckon I have forgotten the little that I knew, so am having to start pretty much from scratch again.

Couple of today's efforts (please don't laugh) attached, still plenty of time to have a few more sessions.

Ian

P.S. Moon shot was out of focus when taken,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotoScan.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	3697   Click image for larger version

Name:	print scan.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	3698  
Old 15th April 2020, 10:35 PM
Friend

I am having to home school my kids so we have started a film project . We are going to make a short 8mm b&w cine film. They are very excited about it and it will give me a chance at home developing 8mm film.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16th April 2020, 06:00 AM
Friend

Ian, I spy a shot of a XH558.
Tragic that's she finally grounded. What a noise she made!

My darkroom now an office so I can work part time from home. I'm NHS and we are currently working somewhat extended hours, no time for pictures.
What I am doing at the weekends is recommisionng an MG ZT saloon rescued from going to scrap. yby post, and it gets me outside even if it is only as ar as the driveway.
Old 16th April 2020, 07:15 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
I'm NHS and we are currently working somewhat extended hours
In which case Gary, i would like to thank you and all your colleagues in the NHS and other caring services for what you are doing to help keep us all safe and well.

Thank you!

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies