Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Auctions of Interest

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th March 2014, 09:09 PM
Friend

Default De Vere Enlarger on Ebay

Someone down south might have an interest in this large format enlarger

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DE-VERE-EN...-/201043905057
Old 5th March 2014, 09:34 PM
Friend

Although such enlargers are 'ancient' they need to be scooped up by people holding on to analogue photography because, when they are gone, it is the end.

A friend of mine used to work at Central St. Martins College in London, and they skipped 50 De Vere enlargers including ten with the Ilford 500 Multigrade head.

I arranged with him to hold the Ilford 500 heads till I could fly to the UK but college rules were "they are scrap' and all were trashed.

I felt on this day a terrible sense of loss because items with great value were binned when they still have great value for many people. I can work with any multigrade system BUT the Ilford 500 system is SO good it pains me that they are simply binned by people who have no idea of their value to people who want to continue creatively printing in this digital dominated age.

Sadly,

David
www.dsallen.de
http://dsallen.carpentier-galerie.de
Old 6th March 2014, 02:00 PM
Friend

well david it sold ,I was looking at it but my wife would have had a strop if I would have brought it home ,it will be quite easy to strip down and clean and oil ,and a touch up with some paint here and there ,I think its quite a beautiful thing and good luck to the person that it now belongs to, well done ...

www.essexcockney.com
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies