Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > News and Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd September 2019, 05:02 PM
Friend

Default Film and Darkroom Seminar – London 5th October 2019

As part of the events around the London Independent Photography (LIP) Annual Exhibition, the LIP Film and Darkroom Group are organising a Film and Darkroom Seminar.

The Seminar is at The Espacio Gallery, 159 Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch, London EC2 7DG on Saturday 5th October 2019 from 10am-1pm.

The Seminar will begin with an introduction to Film Cameras and Film, outlining the most suitable cameras and film available today. This will be followed by a session on starting analogue photography with only a camera and a roll of film… a guide to the commercial film processing companies and commercial darkrooms that offer a print-making service. Then onto ‘the ins-and outs of darkroom photography’. This is a talk about setting up your darkroom and the techniques involved in making monochrome silver prints. Lastly, a practical demonstration on producing prints using various Alternative Processes – Cyanotypes, Anthotypes and Chlorophyll.

Of course, plenty of opportunity to discuss and learn about the craft of Film and Darkroom Photography. There is a small charge of £5 for attending the Seminar.

Book your place at londonphotography.org.uk/LIPevents
Old 3rd September 2019, 06:25 PM
Friend

sounds good I lived around the corner for a good part of my life , I would like to go but it would be to much for me ,also if you go up roman road you have four corners E2 ,promoting film and photography for over 40 years .

www.essexcockney.com
Old 3rd September 2019, 06:26 PM
Friend

Ted. amazing value for what sounds like a very ambitious content level to be covered in as little as 3 hours

London is just too far for me but it should help promote film and darkroom to any even slightly interested parties in the London area.

Best of luck

Mike
Old 30th September 2019, 09:18 PM
Friend

Looking foward to it, saw some flyers in mr cad and figured I may as well tag along
Old 1st October 2019, 11:06 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
...also if you go up roman road you have four corners E2 ,promoting film and photography for over 40 years .
www.essexcockney.com
I've just checked it out on all the platforms and I CAN'T believe that I lived just around the corner in East London for 20(!) years and didn't know about this place. I would have been a real regular visitor. Arggggghhhhhhh!!!!

There needs to be something similar in SoS or surrounding area, for all us Essex peeps! The closest we have is TAPS which does occasional day workshops, but not much else...

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies