Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Closed Thread

Old 6th December 2019, 02:36 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannik View Post
Yawns and goes for a coffee

Why have you quoted me with this comment, what's the reasoning behind it ?
Old 6th December 2019, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Cannik you are treading a very thin line.
Old 6th December 2019, 02:53 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miha View Post
Plus delivery which is free when ordered at Jackthehat. This also explains why a single roll costs that much. All in all I don't see much discrepancy.
In my first examples I took into account postage etc.

If I compare the order I made with Fomafoto for 20 rolls 120 and 20 rolls 35mm 36ex Fomapan 200 that qualifies for free postage from many suppliers and in fact compared to 2 months ago it's marginally cheaper to buy here in the UK. 5x4 and larger sheet film is cheaper though from Norway.

Being realistic, for say 20 rolls 120 Fomapan 200 from Jackthehat at £85.99 with free postage £4.30 a rol is still a lot more than buying from a UK supplier at £3.49 a roll and £5 shipping (for 20 rolls, making it £3.76 a roll inc postage.

So £85,99 from Jackthehat or £74.80 from a leading reputable UK supplier, or £69.80 if the order is large enough for free postage. Significant savings.

Ian
Old 6th December 2019, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Cannik you are treading a very thin line.
Motion seconded.

By the way - the OP DID state that there was extra postage from Norway which he took into account:

Quote:
I've just bought 20 rolls at £3.14, postage from Norway added a little but still just around 20p a roll
So, before complaining that others have not read your post, perhaps you should take a sample of your own medicine?

What you are doing is indistinguishable from trolling and it is not appreciated and will not be tolerated indefinitely. You need to take a step back before posting multiple knee-jerk reactions and consider how your post is going to be perceived. Sprinkling it with smileys is not a get-out-of-jail-free card.
Old 6th December 2019, 03:25 PM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Quote:
Yawns and goes for a coffee

I think this is insulting to Ian beyond belief. It was a genuine question seeking clarification. Time to mend your manners I think.
Old 6th December 2019, 03:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlabours View Post
What a rip off website

Fomapan 200 at £7.99 per roll for 120, OK they offer discount for quantity but at £85.99 for 20 rolls thats still £4.30 a roll.

I've just bought 20 rolls at £3.14, postage from Norway added a little but still just around 20p a roll. So over £1 cheaper a roll, as I bought 20 rolls of 35mm as well with similar savings.

Ian

Wow that is expensive. I have usually bought it from Parallax Photography Coop where it is £3.95 each, still not as cheap as you are buying it. I don't use it very often as I usually get a bulk roll of Kentmere Pan 100.

David
Old 6th December 2019, 03:30 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I think this is insulting to Ian beyond belief. It was a genuine question seeking clarification. Time to mend your manners I think.

Agreed 100% - nuff said.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 6th December 2019, 03:37 PM
Banned

Actually I think Lostlabours is an arrogant self opinionated asshole, happy to give criticism unable to take it, let us say he shows no respect so the asshole deserves none.

Remove me from this forum, delete my details, I do not suffer fools gladly especially ones lice Lostlabours
Old 6th December 2019, 03:42 PM
Administrator

We won't be hearing from Cannik again.

Sorry you have had to put up with his tantrums so long. The Admins here do try to be helpful and reasonable.
Old 6th December 2019, 03:45 PM
Friend

Quote:
Actually I think Lostlabours is an arrogant self opinionated asshole, happy to give criticism unable to take it, let us say he shows no respect so the asshole deserves none.

Remove me from this forum, delete my details, I do not suffer fools gladly especially ones lice Lostlabours
Bye bye!

I'm sure you won't be missed.

😁😁😁😁😁😁
Closed Thread
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies