Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th October 2008, 08:43 PM
Friend

Default West Norfolk Film Users group

Following discussions with fellow luddites at my local camera club (now almost totally d*****) I'm in the process of organising an informal group locally of those interested in any aspect of film photography based in the Kings Lynn area. Quite a few locally have expressed interest and I plan on occasional (possibly monthly) informal meeting to look at prints etc. and possibly the odd day out. I've suggested we meet in a pub somewhere. I'm aiming to start in November.

Anybody interested?

Rob
Old 6th October 2008, 07:06 PM
Friend

This seems like an excellent idea Rob, I hope you get lots of support. Please keep us informed of progress.
Old 5th November 2008, 06:50 PM
Friend

Hi All
I am planning to start the first get-together on Saturday 22nd November 2008. The venue will be decided when I know how many people are intersted, but it will almost certainly be a pub in the Kings Lynn area from lunch time onwards.

Let me know if you're interested

Rob
Old 5th November 2008, 06:55 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
...I plan on occasional (possibly monthly) informal meeting to look at prints etc. and possibly the odd day out. I've suggested we meet in a pub somewhere. I'm aiming to start in November.

Anybody interested?

Rob
Rob,
Best of luck with the new group - an excellent idea. We have a similar group here in west Cornwall, although there are not many of us, but we all find it inspirational.

Cheers,
Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 5th November 2008, 07:55 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Hi All
I am planning to start the first get-together on Saturday 22nd November 2008. The venue will be decided when I know how many people are intersted, but it will almost certainly be a pub in the Kings Lynn area from lunch time onwards.

Let me know if you're interested

Rob
Best of luck Rob and I hope you get plenty of support. When the East Midlands Monochrome Group started they did so on the back of a mention in AP, and got about 20 at the first meet. These days B&W may be a better bet, or both of course. Anyway keep us informed of progress. If you need a communication point I will be very happy to provide a corner here for you; private or public.
Old 5th November 2008, 08:26 PM
Friend

Best of luck Rob with this group. It's very heart warming that there are a number of dedicated film and darkroom groups springing up.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 5th November 2008, 10:26 PM
Friend

Rob

Best of luck. I will most definately join you on one or two of the meets, as I have friends in Ely. The weekend of your first one I am in Kent.

I hope it goes well for you.

Best

Stoo
Old 6th November 2008, 08:39 PM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Rob,

Good luck with getting the group started. Anything that gets people into using film is always a good thing.

Bill
Old 15th November 2008, 08:08 PM
Friend

The first meeting of the West Norfolk Film Users will be meeting on Saturday 22nd November at The Swan Inn, Nursery Lane, South Wootton, Kings Lynn, (see link below) from about 12:00 onwards. The pub does excellent real ales and good food. It may be a good idea to book if you want a full meal as it's quite a popular place Tel:01553 672084. Bring a few prints, problems or gadgets to chat about, or just come to be sociable!

http://www.yell.com/listings/DoFindL...nts-_-Pub-Food

Look forward to meeting you!
Old 25th November 2008, 09:41 AM
Friend

We had our first get-together on Saturday. 5 people there, which was a good start. We had a look at some prints and a few bits and pieces, drank excellent beer and ate fine food.

We're going to meet again in January, probably on a Friday as most people said they had trouble making saturdays. I'm thinking of somewhere on the coast.

Watch this space!

Rob
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies