Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Locations > Great Britain

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd November 2012, 06:26 PM
Friend

Default Swaledale and Thorpe Perrow

I don't live that far away from there, perhaps 30 mins drive. Get out and walk the numerous paths along the bottom of the day and then get up a bit away from the valley and look down to see the dozens of barns and old stone buildings. They have been photographed many times I know, but each time I visit the view changes with the weather.

Thorpe Perrow is not so well known. It is placed about 3 miles west of Bedale Market Town on the road to Masham. In North Yorkshire
A large country estate best visited in wintertime when there are not hordes of visitors around, but even in summer it is so vast you can find nice quiet places. Autumn is very good for the tints on the trees. Then there are 3 small lakes and if you get a calm day the reflections are terrific. Especially in colour.

Last edited by John King; 22nd November 2012 at 06:39 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies