Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment Manuals > Manuals Discussion Forum

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th December 2016, 05:13 PM
Friend

Sounds good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 6th December 2016, 06:42 PM
Friend

If someone had an E mail address for the company and would care to pass it to me, I will write in my best pidjin Deutsch and ask them politely if anything can be done.
Old 6th December 2016, 08:36 PM
Friend

Chefredaktion is Thomas Maschke. His email is

tm@photoklassik.de

There is also

redaktion@photoklassik.de

I'm guessing Redaktion equates to Editor!

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6th December 2016, 08:55 PM
Friend

Default Close Enough

You were close, - Redaktion translates as Editorial Office
Old 6th December 2016, 09:36 PM
Friend

Default Letter to Germany

I have typed a letter to the magazine editor as below. My German would not stretch to writing a complex letter so I used Google translate. Whilst it may not be gramatically perfect, the Editor should get the general idea.

English Version-

Dear Mr Mascke England 06 December 2016

I am a member of a Photographic Forum in the UK called Film and Darkroom User or FADU for short:-

(http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...front_page.php).

In Britain we have a growing number of photographers who are returning to traditional photography methods, using film, then printing the negatives in a darkroom.

What is missing in Britain is a publication which is dedicated to analogue photography
to which we can turn to for information and advice when we need help and. There are many magazines on sale here which are for photography and which are available to us, but they only ever discuss digital photography and it seems unlikely there will be one in the near future.

One of the forum members has uploaded a copy of your magazine:- PhotoKlassic (1V/2015)
and I would like to ask if there is an English language version available? If so, is it sold in Britain, where may we buy a copy and how much does it cost?

Thank you for reading this

John King

German Translation

Sehr geehrter Herr Mascke England, 06. Dezember 2016

Ich bin Mitglied eines Photographic Forum in Großbritannien, das Film and Darkroom User oder FADU genannt wird:

(Http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...front_page.php).

In Großbritannien haben wir eine wachsende Zahl von Fotografen, die wieder auf traditionelle Fotografie Methoden, mit Film, dann Druck der Negative in einer Dunkelkammer.

Was in Großbritannien fehlt, ist eine Publikation, die der analogen Fotografie gewidmet ist
Zu denen wir uns für Informationen und Ratschläge wenden können, wenn wir Hilfe brauchen und. Es gibt viele Zeitschriften zum Verkauf hier, die für die Fotografie und die uns zur Verfügung stehen, aber sie nur diskutieren digitale Fotografie und es scheint unwahrscheinlich, es wird ein in naher Zukunft sein.

Eines der Mitglieder des Forums hat eine Kopie der Zeitschrift hochgeladen: - PhotoKlassic (1V / 2015)
Und ich möchte fragen, ob es eine englische Sprachversion gibt? Wenn ja, wird es in Großbritannien verkauft, wo können wir eine Kopie kaufen und wie viel kostet es?

Vielen Dank für das Lesen dieser

John King

(E Mail sent)

Last edited by John King; 6th December 2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 7th December 2016, 08:32 AM
Friend

Default A response

With typical german efficiency I have had a reply first thing this morning.

The reply in German

Guten morgen John,

vielen Dank für Ihre Mail. Herr Masche ist leider nicht mehr bei uns im Team, aber ich antworte Ihnen gerne. Tatsächlich überlegen wir gerade, PhotoKlassik in englisch herauszubringen, wahrscheinlich im Mai und im Oktober 2017. Es wäre sehr hilfreich, wenn Sie uns helfen würden, die englische Ausgabe zu promoten. Das Magazin wird nicht gedruckt, sondern als blätterbares PDF erscheinen.

Haben Sie Anregungen und Ideen?

beste Grüße

PhotoKlassik

Wolfgang Heinen
Herausgeber und Chefredakteur
In den Flachten 10
53639 Königswinter

The translation into English

Good morning John,

Thank you for your mail. Mr. Masche is unfortunately no longer with us in the team, but I will answer you gladly. In fact, we are currently thinking about bringing out PhotoKlassik in English, probably in May and October 2017. It would be very helpful if you would help us promote the English edition. The magazine will not be printed but will appear as a scrollable PDF.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas?

best regards

PhotoKlassik

Wolfgang Heine
Editor and chief editor
In the Floors 10

I don't know what the rest of you think but this could get interesting.

Last edited by John King; 7th December 2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old 7th December 2016, 10:37 AM
Friend

As far as subscribing to Photoklassik is concerned, I got an equally efficient e-mail response simply asking for my contact details and telling me I'd be billed with the first issue sent to me (the cost is 44.60 euro per annum). My e-mail came from a Hamburg address.

John, your own soundings do seem rather promising. I hope something comes of this. While a printed version is generally preferable, a .pdf supplement in English would still be good in conjunction with it.
Old 7th December 2016, 11:05 AM
Friend

A PDF version can still be printed if needed.

How about posting a few (sensible) suggestions/ideas as asked for and I will gladly pass them back.
Old 7th December 2016, 11:43 AM
Friend

I have no experience of pdf in terms of it reproducing printed magazine quality and indeed it may depend on the quality of each subscriber's printer but it just strikes me that in a pdf associated with photography any reduction in quality compared with the magazine might be a serious drawback and if high quality is expensive in terms of the paper, printer and inks needed then this may affect the subscription uptake.

Just a thought

Mike
Old 7th December 2016, 11:52 AM
Friend

I think we have to obtain a balance between not having ANY analogue magazine or half page article which is of as much use as a chocolate teapot, against the possibility of something wholly dedicated to analogue. So long as it is not similar to a certain other forum where there seems to be an obsession with which film works best with whatever developer, searching for the Holy Grail or the magic bullet! Photography is a lot more than that.

Michael, you are a subscriber for the hard copy, what sort of articles to they have? Is it purely technical or do they give guidance and advice on techniques to new darkroom workers, or whatever.

He, the new editor asks for promotion of this venture and the immediate thing that springs to mind is the Analogue User Group in the RPS who mayshow a semi professional interest and offer some more assistance if asked.

Last edited by John King; 7th December 2016 at 11:59 AM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies