Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Art and aesthetics

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th April 2014, 04:02 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
Thanks Marty for the head up. Watched it a little while ago. A wonderfull insight into Normans working day. While watching it I thought it had paralles with photography too.

Yes I watched it when it was first shown. Excellent. I think it was his being in the landscape and feeling part of it that struck a cord with me as a landscape photographer.
Old 4th April 2014, 07:49 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Just watched and enjoyed it. I never really understood what etching involved and now I have some idea about it. There would seem to be an affinity with big, grainy B&W prints.

Thanks

Mike
I don't do etching, though I had basic training in the techniques at college, but often think of my work in the darkroom as an equivalent using chemical processes to make black and white multiples which can be tinted or toned.
Many artists such as Rembrandt, Goya and Whistler did etching as a complementary activity. I do photography.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies