Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 31st October 2014, 12:54 PM
Friend

Carol, why not use a cheaper film, Fomapan is a fine film, and available for around £2.6 a roll for both 35mm and 120, plus VAT,( we don't pay that where I come from), look at the websites of some of our forum sponsers, and I can reccomend botn 400 and 200 fomapan, It is the only film I use
Richard
Old 31st October 2014, 02:56 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Carol, why not use a cheaper film, Fomapan is a fine film, and available for around £2.6 a roll for both 35mm and 120, plus VAT,( we don't pay that where I come from), look at the websites of some of our forum sponsers, and I can reccomend botn 400 and 200 fomapan, It is the only film I use
Richard
I would need to re-roll the film I think, I do keep the backing paper and the spindles for that reason but not ventured to it yet.
Old 31st October 2014, 04:54 PM
Friend

Yes 127 is a problem, you would need to re cut it down to size, difficult to do at home, but for general photography, both 35mm and 120, also LF photography, it is well worth trying it, sadly 127 film is very hard to find today, I am a camera collecter, all usable cameras that I use every day, and I tend to avoid 127 cameras , there are many I would love to have such as the baby rolleiflex, but my cameras must be able to be used, and I can't find a source of 127 film, I did think of trying to cut down 120 to 127 size, but it was too difficult for me
Richard
Old 31st October 2014, 11:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Yes 127 is a problem, you would need to re cut it down to size, difficult to do at home, but for general photography, both 35mm and 120, also LF photography, it is well worth trying it, sadly 127 film is very hard to find today, I am a camera collecter, all usable cameras that I use every day, and I tend to avoid 127 cameras , there are many I would love to have such as the baby rolleiflex, but my cameras must be able to be used, and I can't find a source of 127 film, I did think of trying to cut down 120 to 127 size, but it was too difficult for me
Richard

It's a bit like 620. I have, or have had, many good examples of 620 cameras. I used to use one of them when I was at school, a Dacora, and it certainly caused a few raised eyebrows then. Unfortunately, the film became obsolete, and it's too much trouble to re-spool 120. I still have all my Dacora prints, and their negatives. The prints are borderless with round corners, as was fashionable in the '70's!!
Alex.
Old 1st November 2014, 08:16 AM
Friend

I wish many more camera makers had followed the Ensign example, they made many of their cameras, such as the Selfix range, able to take either 130 or 620, after all, it purely down to the spool, 129 being thicker in the middle than 620, I have had three selfix's come with 620 spools, and after the first one I checked the instructions on the Butkess site and found that you could use either 120 orn 620 film.
TRichard
Old 1st November 2014, 10:23 PM
Friend

That's the good thing about 620, exactly the same as 120 but on a thinner spool, so if you have an empty 620 spool it's no great problem. I have used 120 in 620 cameras many times in the past, although not for some years.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies