Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th January 2017, 02:12 PM
Friend

Default RH Designs Analyser pro and LPL 7452

Hi,
I have just purchased both of these.
I have the stop clock with an LPL 7700 at the moment but moveing up to 5x4.
Can anyone help with the wiring?
The 7452 has a coulour head and no fan.
Transformer has one DIN socket for enlarger and 2 supply plugs for fan and light.
Old 29th January 2017, 04:11 PM
Friend

Correction to the last post.
The transfromer for the 7452 has 3 leads.
One to the mains, one to the timer with the third the output to the enlarger switching the fan and light.

My 7700 is powered from mains > RH stop clock vario > transformer > enlarger. Safelights are switched via the third plug on the stop clock.

I have wired the 7452 the same way mains > RH analyser pro > transformer > enlarger. Safelights are switched via the third plug on the analyser.

With all switched on the analyser is switched to focus. The safelights go out and the enlarger fan comes on ( after slight delay) but no enlarger lamp?
There should be 24v on the lamp circuit but with the meter I have no voltage. 24v on the fan circuit.

The timer lead from the transformer is not plugged in as it is powered through the analyser first.

Is this correct? or should I power the transformer straight from the mains then the timer lead to the analyser ??
Old 29th January 2017, 06:09 PM
Friend

Now have wired the transformer mains then to the RH analyser pro. The pro to mains with the safe lights on the analyser third socket.

I have fan permanently on with transformer on. Switch focus on the analyser and enlarger light comes on but safe lights don,t go off !!!!!!!

I have swapped out to the RH stop clock vario in exactly the same configuration, with focus or print selected the enlarger lamp comes on safelights go off.

There fore I conclude that the safelights are not switching off when print or focus is selected on the RH analyser pro.

Next Question......Has anyone had similar ??
Is there a known fault or fix for the RH analyser pro ??
Old 30th January 2017, 11:03 AM
Friend

Richard from RH Designs still contributes to this forum and hopefully he may respond to your query and give you the solution. If no reply appears in a few days it may be worth sending him a pm. His forum name is RH Designs.

Tony
Old 30th January 2017, 11:08 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Have you cycled through the user options? In there is an option to have the safelight switch off or remain on. I use the Analyser Pro.

Bill
Old 30th January 2017, 11:52 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Just checked my system although I am using a De Vere 504 not the LPL. The mains power goes to the TranStab (Transformer/Stabiliser). There is a special split lead for the Analyser Pro for the De Vere and that goes from the TranStab to the Analyser Pro input and back from the output to the TranStab via a round multi pin plug for switching. The enlarger lead goes from the TranStab to the lamp. The safelight is plugged into the Analyser Pro. My User setting for the safelight is on auto.

If you have not got them you can download the user manuals from the RH Designs web site under the Support section.

Bill

Last edited by Bill; 30th January 2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 30th January 2017, 01:00 PM
Friend

Hi Martyn and welcome to Fadu You have three conections on the back, to the right of the switch/fuse is mains in, to the left of the mains in is enlarger, then safelight, the safelight should go out when you measure the exposure via the probe, when you press the knob on the probe it should switch off the safelight, in user set up you can get to safelight mode, to get there press and hold the focus button until the display shows user, that gives you a range of options by pressing star marked button, you have lamp saver when on the lamp is switched of after 3 mins when focuding,next is display dimming,then beeper, when on give a beep every second, useful for dodgeing and burning,then test strip mode,, you can alter the mini test strip program,then safelight mode, on or auto, on and the safelight stays on during exposure, auto and the safelight goes out during exposure, next step size which allows you alter the step size on start up then finally the default paper set, from the factory it is PAP !, you can chose which channel you want at start up, when you have sorted out your preferences press the clear button briefly to store ,
This is directly from the instructions from my on Analyser/pro, hope it helps you sort the safelight
Richard

Last edited by Richard Gould; 30th January 2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 31st January 2017, 10:23 AM
Friend

Hi Martyn. You need to wire the power input to the transformer direct to the mains. Likewise the Analyser's power input. Then connect the Analyser's Enlarger output to the timer socket on the transformer using an IEC extension lead (with "kettle plugs" at each end). That should give the Analyser control of the enlarger lamp whilst maintaining power to the fan which is important.

By default, the Analyser leaves the safelight on except during a measurement or exposure - this was done so you can see the greyscale. Depending on the age of the Analyser you can set a User Option so that the safelight switches off whenever the enlarger lamp is on (which is the default mode for the StopClock). Hope that helps!

RH Designs darkroom equipment : dalesphoto.co.uk
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:01 AM
Friend

Thank you all who replied to this thread.

I can see now how this particular version works.
It transpires that this is an early version and as some of you suggested works only when the probe is switched.
I have a stop clock pro on another enlarger whitch switches off when the enlarger is on, so this made me think the analyser should work in the same manner.

I have it now... mains > trans > Analyser. Analyser > mains. Analyser > in line switch > Safelight.
This allows me to switch the safelights through the analyser when the probe is used and to switch the safelight manually at other times.

When i get 5 mins I'll post some photos of the darkroom.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies