Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Ask Les

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th February 2010, 10:44 AM
New User

Default Paper Flasher II

Hi Les,

yesterday i received my Paper Flasher II from RH designs...but i was wondering what is the best place to fix it. Their advice is on the ceiling or next to the enlarger...but for what i've read, it seems that you put the white light on the enlarger. Is it possible to show with some pictures where and how do you fix it?

Another question is about the technique. After you make the flashing test strips and choose the desired flashing time, you make new test strips now with the flashing paper and the image in it? or you use the same exposure time before the flash?

Thank you very much

best regards

***   Please note: this is the ASK LES forum   ***
***   Only Les McLean and the original poster may post in this thread   ***
***   Anyone else posting into this thread will have their post deleted   ***

Old 27th February 2010, 10:06 AM
Friend

Hi Gundus
I fix the flasher light source to my enlarger using velcro, I will post a picture later in the day showing this.

Because I always post flash I make the flashing test after having exposed the paper to the normal image forming light exposure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundus View Post
Hi Les,

yesterday i received my Paper Flasher II from RH designs...but i was wondering what is the best place to fix it. Their advice is on the ceiling or next to the enlarger...but for what i've read, it seems that you put the white light on the enlarger. Is it possible to show with some pictures where and how do you fix it?

Another question is about the technique. After you make the flashing test strips and choose the desired flashing time, you make new test strips now with the flashing paper and the image in it? or you use the same exposure time before the flash?

Thank you very much

best regards
Old 2nd March 2010, 05:20 PM
Friend

Red face

Hopefully the three images I've posted here will show how I've fixed the light source to the enlarger. I used to fix it with Blu-Tak but prefer Velcro these days. I've also tried magnetic strips but quickly abondoned them, the remnents of that experiment can be seen on the left hand side of image 1, I stuck the magnetic strip on with glue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flasher 1.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flasher 2.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flasher 3.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	601  
Old 9th March 2010, 01:24 PM
New User

Thank you very much for your kind images Les and your time spend on it! No problem now!

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

***   Please note: this is the ASK LES forum   ***
***   Only Les McLean and the original poster may post in this thread   ***
***   Anyone else posting into this thread will have their post deleted   ***