Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th July 2014, 04:48 PM
New User

Unhappy help with solution dilution

So i'm a bit rusty with the dark room technique - its been a few years. I have the instruction on how to mix my kodak developer, ilford stop bath and kodak fixer to develop my film, but im confused with what i'm supposed to do to the chemicals to then use them to develop on paper?

do i use the same chemicals used for the film and do nothing to them? or do i dilute? Someone please help! thank you
Old 19th July 2014, 05:12 PM
Friend

Developer is normally specific to either film or paper so you don't use same developer for both. Developer instructions that come with it tell you what it's for.

Fixer can usually be used for either film or paper BUT you either use your working strength fixer for film or for paper and not both in the same mixed batch.

AND fixer is used at different dilutions for film or paper. Again follow instructions which come with packaging.

Stop bath can usually be used for either film or paper BUT again you either use it for film or paper and not both in the same working strength batch. Again follow instructions which come with the packaging.
Old 19th July 2014, 07:15 PM
Friend

Hi and welcome to FADU, emgray. I wonder if we are missing something when reading your question? Following the instructions in each case for film and paper which is what Argentum has said seems so obvious that I wonder if there is something that we are missing which confuses you about the process

To put it simply, has Argentum's answer cleared things up? If not then tell us what we haven't covered

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies