Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd June 2020, 02:16 PM
Friend

I tried FD10 some years ago and found it to be a good developer for the price, but I never stayed with it. For my use I never experienced any keeping / going off issues. The only problem I can remember was with FotoSpeed's suggested dev time for HP5+ which I found to be way-out. However, this was easily sorted on the next film shot and developed.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 2nd June 2020, 02:24 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Mike, If like me you go back far enough (say around 1952 or so) Johnsons of Hendon used to sell a developer called Tabloid. It was in a glass bottle about the size of an aspirin bottle and contained pills about aspirin size. Drop in water, let it dissolve and instant developer. It was the first developer I used when I started developing films (I was 8) and was given to me by my Grandad who used it as his standard developer. I believe we used the MQ developer.

I found instructions and some other information on the Photomemorabilia site https://www.photomemorabilia.co.uk/J...MQ/Tabloid.pdf

Also if I remember correctly Roger Maile of Creative Monochrome reported on a similar idea for colour developing some time in the late 80’s or early 90’s.

That would solve a lot of problems for the occasional user.

Bill
Yes I am of an age to remember these tablets, wonderful idea, I think Tetenal did something mucn=h the same for colour, but for the occasional black and white film developer, or for someone who might want to develop film while away from home, Johnsons of Hendon did have some great ideas,and made great chemistry and prettty much everything you needed for the darkroom
Richard

Tags
developer, fd10, fotospeed, hp5, processing
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies