Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th September 2015, 10:14 PM
Friend

Default Wanted digital light/flash meter

Hi peeps
I have bought a mamiya rz67 with 110mm lens and winder from Japan and need a lightmeter
I am looking for a sekonic one that wont cost the earth, i did have a sekonic 358/gossen lunasix F a few years ago, but sold them after selling my MF cameras
Anyone got one pm details please
Thanks
Paddy
Old 30th September 2015, 03:32 PM
Friend

I picked up a Quantum Calcu-Flash for $30 USD. Capable of reflected and incident metering. Kinda quirky in use but amazing for the cost.

For existing light photography I use a refurbished Weston Master II. I love the Weston even with it's shortcoming of low light uselessness.

Between the two meters I've invested $150 USD including the repair of the Weston.
Old 30th September 2015, 07:19 PM
Friend

Ffordes have two Gossen Sixomat digital ambient/flash meters for sale, one at £129 and the other at £99. They also have 2 Minolta Spotmeter F meters at £199. The 'F' shows that it also meters flash.

If you haven't Ffords them before they are a good company to deal with and very fair.

Last edited by John King; 30th September 2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 30th September 2015, 11:41 PM
Friend

Hi John
I try to avoid ffords after a dispute with them years ago, i would only buy off them at the last resort
I bought a rolleiflex tlr off them and cleaned both lens with opticlean lens cleaner (the stuff that peels off), some of the anti reflective coating come off the taking lens and looked spotty
When i phoned them up the idiot on the other end of the phone said "because i had used a third party lens cleaner it wasnt covered for a free repair"
Well excuse me but i thought lens cleaner was for cleaning lenses with , i do things carefully
It got sent back to rollei who re coated it so it was like a new lens, i had to pay half (which i should not have not paid in the first place) and they paid the other half
Sorry about the winding story but i think you see where i am coming from
Digital sekonic meter anyone
Paddy
Old 1st October 2015, 06:55 AM
Friend

I can see both sides of the argument, but that's not this is about. Have a look at the Mifsud's web pages. They have 3 Seconic 308 at £99 each and two others which I am not familiar with from £159 to £199 so cannot say if they also cover flash.

I have a 308 and they are as good as the next one.
Old 7th October 2015, 07:12 PM
Friend

You can get a 308 for £109 brand new, just laughing at the comical prices people are asking for sekonic 358,s on ebay
Still looking for a digital light/flashmeter if anyone's got one for sale
Paddy
Old 9th October 2015, 04:56 AM
Friend

Sorted now
Got a sekonic 308 used twice in mint condition, boxed with all the bits for £70
Paddy
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies