Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th January 2021, 07:27 PM
Friend

I have a 220 back for my medium format camera and used it a lot on holidays. This was then reserved for the colour images, mainly Fuji Provia F. Additional 120 back for b/w. The very last supplies were only available in Japan.
Mirko Böddecker of Adox was asked the question and he was very hesitant. There are many other urgent projects to save analogue photography. 120 is just there and sufficient for the market.
Old 14th January 2021, 08:45 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat Polton View Post
Some time ago I was looking for a Bronica SQa Polaroid back to cut up in order to take Rollei cut film holders.

I cannot understand why Polaroid backs that have no film available, and 220 backs that are also unsupported with film are being advertised for such ridiculously high prices in camera shops.

Cheers.
I agree

220 could be added to the special film size order that comes out once a year. It would also be a good way of judging demand.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 6th February 2021, 12:41 PM
Friend

what if you put a 120 insert into a 220 back ,I wonder if that would solve the problem ,also fomapan 120 is a lot thinner than Ilford would that work better In a 220 back .also I have been buying cheap polaroid backs to shoot my X-ray film with . I must admit that over than having to keep on firing the shutter or on motorised medium format cameras most have a button to wind film to the end .

www.essexcockney.com
Old 9th February 2021, 09:57 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
what if you put a 120 insert into a 220 back ,I wonder if that would solve the problem ,also fomapan 120 is a lot thinner than Ilford would that work better In a 220 back .also I have been buying cheap polaroid backs to shoot my X-ray film with . I must admit that over than having to keep on firing the shutter or on motorised medium format cameras most have a button to wind film to the end .

www.essexcockney.com
Your idea of changing the backs would not work because the mechanism is in the film holder and not the back it's self.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 14th February 2021, 10:36 AM
Friend

I have been using a 220 film back on my GX680 I have been shooting 120 film without any problems also the spacing is perfect and it stops at no 9 and then winds on to the end no problem .

www.essexcockney.com
Old 31st March 2022, 11:00 AM
Friend

I bought a couple of 220 inserts for my Mamiya 645J, simply because they were half the price of the 120 ones at the time. I already knew I could use them with 120 by a simple mod of removing a small piece at the side.
I noticed last night that Shanghai have stepped up their sales of 220 on the auction site and while it's not cheap any more, it's not exhorbitant.
Meantime, I'm going to use a couple of the Konica 400 220 rolls in the fridge, and about time too. It's been there long enough. If I don't use it soon, I'll be able to sell it via the Lomography site for those who like odd colours.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies