Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd February 2022, 01:00 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Good Morning Terry-
My print to you has been 'in transit' since last Wednesday.
If it's not there today I will assume lost and get something else out to you ASAP.
Sorry.
Apologies! I have been a bit undated with bits this week, but it has been received, thanks.

I'll do my best to upload my thoughts in the next couple of days, along with uploading my picture for this months exchange.

Terry S
Old 3rd February 2022, 01:13 PM
Friend

Ha Ha!
No problem Terry, but if it hadn't arrived I was going to whack the print I made last night for Round 138 in the post to you for 137 instead.
All is good, catch up soon enough.
Old 4th February 2022, 02:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Ha Ha!
No problem Terry, but if it hadn't arrived I was going to whack the print I made last night for Round 138 in the post to you for 137 instead.
All is good, catch up soon enough.
Well, this has put you ahead now, as you're already prepared to send out for the next round. I've still got to pick a negative!

Anyways, I have received Skellum's offering of FOUR prints, with one of them being window-mounted! I hope this doesn't start a trend, as I'm not sure that I could keep up!

The first two prints are from the same negative, but on different papers, being pearl and FB matt, with the latter one in the window-mount. And in case I haven't mentioned it of late, it is one of my favourite surfaces. They each have their own good points and it really is hard to choose between the two. Skellum says that his auto-focus camera didn't focus exactly where he wanted it to, so has gone back to manual focus lenses now. Because of the good depth of field, I'm not sure I would have noticed if he hadn't told me, but it doesn't bother me at all. The slight blurring of the main subjects give me the feeling of movement, so I'm not sure it would have made any difference to try and focus on them.

The second print is a panoramic print, being one used in the recent negative exchange. Taking my comments on board, he has reduced the sky area, which both of us agree, was forcing a competition with the figures on the beach and the stormy cloud formation. A much stronger composition has been made.

And finally, a vertical panoramic, which I believe was taken on a Horizon camera, which to answer his question, yes I do have one and can't wait to get out and about to use it once more.

The format definitely works well with this composition of a derelict house, which Skellum informs me, is now '(sadly) repaired'. I think a lot of us like to photograph old and decaying buildings etc. and this one I really like, having a good foreground,mid-ground and strong background sky area. I particularly like the shaft of light that highlights the foreground weed patch. In fact, the whole print has a very atmospheric and cinematic feel about it, which I really like. Another that would look even better on FB paper.

So, many, many thanks for all of the work sent to me. I may now have to invest in a larger folder of some sort, to contain some of the larger prints that I have received, as they won't fit into the folder that I have for the more standard 10" x 8" 's that I have received.

Many thanks indeed Skellum.

Terry S
Old 6th February 2022, 02:29 PM
Friend

And finally, much later than anticipated, my print sent for this round has been put into the gallery:

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...php/photo/2973

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies