Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 18th November 2016, 06:25 PM
Friend

Default Print Exchange Round 88 January 2017

Print Exchange Round 88 will be for January 2017. I am missing out December mainly due to the problems of the Christmas post as well as it being a busy time for a lot of people. The usual start notification is posted below.

We can start to think about Round 88 January 2017 print exchange. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address if I do not already have it or you have changed your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 31st December 2016. Latest date for sending your print is 31st January 2017. I am only looking for one print in a month.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month and next month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of December. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.
The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

There is a Gallery for posting your print after it has arrived with the recipient. It is not compulsory but it does make the Exchange more interesting to all members of the forum and displays your work to others.

Rules
• Your print must have been printed from a negative exposed in a film camera
• Inkjet, digitally printed photographs, or computer manipulated images are not allowed
• Your print paper can be any size that will fit in an envelope up to A4 size
• The image may be any size or format
• Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject
• Alternative processes, toning or other treatments are all accepted
• It is recommended you provide some background information with your print to assist your recipient as this encourages interchange
• Don‟t forget to enclose your details and FADU name so your recipient can thank you
• You are only responsible for the cost of posting your own print
• Please ensure you dispatch your print within the round month
• You must enjoy the experience
• If you have any queries or problems -please contact me as soon as possible.
Tony
Old 18th November 2016, 06:49 PM
Friend

Count me in please, Tony
Richard
Old 19th November 2016, 02:18 PM
Friend

Please count me in, Tony! Sending my details!
Old 26th November 2016, 12:31 AM
Friend

Yes please Tony.

I can see that with it being January, we've got quite a bit of time for this round.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 26th November 2016, 09:13 AM
Friend

I'll have another go.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26th November 2016, 08:58 PM
Friend

Count me in again please Tony,
Michae
Old 27th November 2016, 05:37 AM
Friend

Please count me in!

Bob
Old 28th November 2016, 03:42 PM
Print Exchange Manager

January seems a long time away but no doubt it will arrive in a millisecond and if I don't do it now I will miss the boat. So please count me in.
Mike
Old 29th November 2016, 11:43 AM
Friend

I look forward to participating in this in the future, but not quite ready just yet.... boooo
Old 29th November 2016, 12:37 PM
Friend

I'm enjoying this, please sign me up for January
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies