Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd March 2021, 08:28 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
Posted my print today.

Tony
Duly arrived today and well worth the wait,a truly lovely print taken from a cliff looking down to a bay, I love teh texture of the sand, edge of cliff and the calm sea, very well done and a great addition to my collection, Thanks Tony
Richard
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
And it has been received today, with thanks Edmund.

I read your note first before sliding your print out, and I was pleasantly surprised to see a picture in FULL COLOUR!!! I believe that I have only received one or maybe two colour prints, during all the years that I have been on the FADU Print Exchange. So, it makes it rather special in my eyes.

The picture is of a large bright red London bus entering the frame from the left, with the 1950's 'brutalist concrete architecture' of London's Southbank buildings filling the rest of the frame.

It's a place I recognise very well, having lived in London for about 20 years and this was an area that I visited regularly for exhibitions, plays and concerts, so it brings back a lot of memories.

I've never done any darkroom colour work, although I have read a lot about it over the years, so I can appreciate your work and the process of getting the filtration right, which you definitely have.

A great picture for my collection Edmund. Many thanks once more.

Terry S

Thank you Terry. I initially found colour filtration very counter intuitive since you have to think in reverse . However, several hundred prints later I can generally get the colour right quite quickly.
Old 4th March 2021, 12:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Duly arrived today
Relieved that it has arrived Richard, must have traveled by the scenic route. Glad you liked it I was a bit concerned that there should be a bit more in it on the sand. I will put it on the gallery.

Tony
Old 4th March 2021, 06:07 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Mine belatedly now winging it's way. Possibly literally...
Apologies again for the delay. Must do better this month!
Cheers, Bob.
I could have waited just for my very last day to receive two wonderful prints like yours! I get that your idea of fine, art and print makes for a truly terrific print. Have never seen such a thing before and learned again a lot from the print exchange. A wonderful winter landscape in the best graphic style of Japanese drawings. The depth in the print achieved by partly bleaching is awesome. Plus a postcard of a very beautiful flower. Rare compliment on this one: I made the mistake to show it to my wife and she immediately took it away from me.

Thank you very much, Bob!
Frank
Old 6th March 2021, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Glad it reached you in good time Frank.

You are far too kind, but it's nice that both you and your wife enjoyed them

I will upload a scan to the gallery.

Cheers, Bob.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies