Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th July 2022, 10:46 AM
Friend

Default Tripod plates

I have a Manfroto tripod with the 200PL-14 323 RC2 3030 3130 Quick release plate's for all my Camera's, I have just got hold of a Benro GD3WH Tripod Geared Head, this geared head has a Arca Swiss QR plate. This is smaller than the Manfrotto QR plate.
Is there an adapter from Arca Swiss to my Manfrotto 200PL-14 323 RC2 3030 3130 Quick release plate that I could use so all my Camera's with 200PL-14 323 RC2 3030 3130 Quick release plate will work with.

I dont mean a whole plate, is there a plate that fits the arca swiss size to enable me to just still use my manfrotto plates on top of this plate.

I have looked but got confused with all the plates options.
Old 4th July 2022, 12:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flack View Post
I have a Manfroto tripod with the 200PL-14 323 RC2 3030 3130 Quick release plate's for all my Camera's, I have just got hold of a Benro GD3WH Tripod Geared Head, this geared head has a Arca Swiss QR plate. This is smaller than the Manfrotto QR plate.
Is there an adapter...

I dont mean a whole plate, is there a plate that fits the arca swiss size to enable me to just still use my manfrotto plates on top of this plate.

I have looked but got confused with all the plates options.
You've also confused me totally Flack, although I think I get the gist of your question.

Looking at pictures of the item in question, it looks to me that the Arca QR plate can be removed, and therefore a different / Manfrotto one can be used instead? I also read somewhere that the item comes without one from some sellers. I'm presuming this is for people that already have one, or want to use a different one, like yourself?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Benro-GD3WH...mg_top?ie=UTF8

Also, when I buy items over about £50, I read a LOT of reviews, BOTH the good and the bad, which is where Amazon comes in handy and it's worth reading these, in this case. Personally some of them would have put me off buying it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...ews-filter-bar

Terry S
Old 4th July 2022, 04:45 PM
Administrator

There are many head adapters made by Leophoto, some of which can accept both Arca and Manfrotto plate's on the same adapter.
Old 5th July 2022, 09:45 AM
Friend

I have used the Benro GD3WH head for about three years, and I'm happy with it. I used to use it with a Mamiya RZ67 and it held that no problem.

I don't know about adaptor availability - one of the reasons I purchased this head was to move to Arca Swiss plates, away from Manfrotto plates.
Old 5th July 2022, 03:35 PM
Print Exchange Manager

I have now standardised my tripod attachments to the Arca Swiss type plates and clips after getting some Peak Design accessories. I do remember seeing attachments on Ebay that would accommodate Arca and Manfrotto plates.

Mike
Old 5th July 2022, 04:15 PM
Print Exchange Manager

I have just checked my Manfrotto Tripod and there I have an Arca Swiss clamp attached to a Manfrotto camera plate. Perhaps the existence of attachments that would accommodate both is a false memory. But you certainly can get adapters:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...aptor&_sacat=0

Apologies, Mike

Last edited by MikeHeller; 5th July 2022 at 04:18 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies