Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th February 2022, 06:29 PM
Friend

Default 5x4 Enlarger

I am thinking of getting a bench type 5x4, has anybody got one they are thinking of selling, there is one on ebay but its to far to travel for me.
I have seen the ones on SHDS but would sooner see one before purchase.
Old 25th February 2022, 08:09 AM
Friend

I got mine on Facebook marketplace and since that I have seen 2 more come up for sale all local to me. Just need to keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26th February 2022, 11:28 AM
Friend

After doing some research in to the size of these enlarger's I am thinking of not getting one now, I am tight on room in my smallish DR.

I already have the MK2 Enlarger kit from Intrepid, that I used on my Snapshot 5x4, so rather than buy another enlarger I might as well just by the Intrepid Black 5x4 and use that to make my 5x4 prints.
Its cost is a fraction of the cost of a new 5x4 enlarger and takes up far less room.
Old 6th March 2022, 01:27 PM
Friend

Flack-

I read your post and meant to provide the sizes for my own enlarger as a guide. It's an LPL 7451.
The head is a simple box shape, which allows it to go very close to the ceiling.
Baseboard is 50cm wide.
Front to back really needs 70cm, although you could just get by with a bit less.
Height at maximum extension needs 136cm from bench to ceiling. A little more allows better air flow round the head for cooling.
Weighs about 26 kilos
Not small things. I think De Vere 504's might be of similar dimensions, but are even heavier.

Of course, the other side of the coin is that they make the process of printing very easy.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies