Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 28th February 2010, 05:36 PM
Friend

Default For Sale – Shen Hao 5x4 Field Camera

In order to bankroll a move to 10x8, I’m selling my Shen Hao 5x4 field camera. Before I contemplate wrestling with that auction site, I thought I’d see if it was of interest to fellow FADU-ers.
The specific model is HZX45-IIA (Serial No. 03890) in walnut with black painted metal hardware and offers a good entry into the world of large format. Included in the sale is the camera, one set of standard bellows, bag bellows, a Shen Hao lensboard drilled for Copal 0 (will also take Synchro Compur) and a foam-lined aluminium case. The tripod is not included.

I would rate the overall condition of the camera as very good. There are signs of use i.e minor dings and scratches in the wood, but no splits or other signs of mishap. All movements are as they should be and lock off tightly. Both sets of bellows are in excellent condition, as is the lensboard. For completeness, the only negative is that its original owner thought it functioned better without the handle and clip to close the camera for transport. These have been removed and the screw holes have been filled with resin. While this affects the cosmetic appearance of the camera, I haven’t found it to be a hindrance when using the camera. The photos show the areas in question.

(Specification: Bellows draw = 360mm; Front rise / fall = 35mm/35mm; Front swing = 20°; Front tilt = 90° / 40° (back); Rear rise = 45mm; Rear swing = 17°; Rear shit = 40mm; Rear tilt (useable) = approx. 20° (forward), approx. 40° (back).)

Price: £325 + shipping (I will send by a suitably insured, signed-for service).

More photos available on request. The camera is in Cardiff if anyone wishes to come and inspect it.

Please PM me if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1151.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	592   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1154.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	593   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1155.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	594   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1160.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	595  
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies